Nominations open for 2015 SBATC Apprenticeship Awards
Construction employers have until 23rd October to submit nominations for the 2015 SBATC Apprenticeship Awards, incorporating the James Birnie Award for Craft Excellence.
Now in their 16th year, the SBATC Apprenticeship Awards are organised by the Scottish Building Apprenticeship and Training Council (SBATC) which is responsible for regulating the working conditions, wages, recruitment and training of apprentices within the Scottish construction industry.
The SBATC Apprenticeship Awards are unique in recognising excellence across all of the traditional building trades in Scotland. Candidates are assessed according to their practical and academic ability alongside other important skills such as organisation, communication and the ability to perform in a team.
The Awards incorporate four specific award categories, namely:
– Civil Engineering Apprentice of the Year
– Adult Apprentice of the Year
– Construction Specialist Apprentice of the Year
– Apprentice of the Year and winner of the James Birnie Award for Craft Excellence
– The winners of the 2015 Awards will be announced at a special ceremony at the Scottish Parliament in Edinburgh on Tuesday, 8th December.
Since being named 2014 SBATC Apprentice of the Year, carpenter and joiner Shaun Kennedy from Glasgow has successfully completed a four-year apprenticeship with house builder Mactaggart & Mickel. Shaun is now working full-time for the company and is also undertaking a Higher National Certificate in Construction Management.
Read more at Scottish Construction Now by clicking here
933 total views, 2 today