Apprenticeship Testing Apprentice
Salary: £0.00 per week
Closing Date: 2018-12-08
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00016482
Join an innovative programme providing smart solutions, supporting IT systems, services, business processes and progress in your journey as a tech wizard. The tech industry has grown exponentially and we would like you take part.
A company that offers worldwide IT, technology & enterprise products and solutions. The Company focuses on technology solutions, which enables customers to build cloud-enabled, mobile-ready solutions that is suited to their needs. The Company’s portfolio includes enterprise services, software and financial services businesses. They also offers its services to various enterprises and governments.
Participates in test efforts for software product development or support projects to measure the quality of the functional (business) components of the system.
Performs dry run testing and formal execution of testware under supervision.
Identifies and reports issues, recommending solutions and following established test / quality assurance methodology. Determines appropriate test to conduct and executes identified business-focused regression tests and tests of defects corrected by software developers. May author test materials with guidance.
Throughout this scheme, your training and development won’t stop. You’ll attend sessions designed to hone your soft skills, and you’ll have the support of your line manager, an assigned mentor and a buddy. Through ongoing appraisals and feedback processes, you’ll drive your career.
As a Testing apprentice, you will learn to:
- Identify appropriate tests to conduct based upon issues to be evaluated. Tests product business functions by executing integration and system test scripts, configuration test questionnaires, and regression tests.
- Learn to upgrade existing scripts by developing and incorporating new functionality based upon requested need.
- Reviews and analyzes test results; identifies issues and concerns and recommends course of action.
- Works in conjunction with technical development staff to support and analyze testing issues and determine technical resolutions; investigates, gathers and furnishes additional information about functional defects including log files, procedures to reproduce, etc.,
- Identifies issues and determines appropriate course of action by applying testing and quality assurance methodology;
- Ensures technology, software, etc., used meets client needs and addresses testing issues.
- Some experience working with computers and some exposure to software development methodology desirable but not essential.
- Good organization and time management skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Communication skills to interact and present findings to team members
- Good attention to detail and follow-through skills to wrap up open issues
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Ability to work cooperatively as a part of a global professional team that may be distributed across geographies and time zones
- Willingness to travel
- May require evening or weekend work
You must have at least 5 National 5 grades, qualifications must include Maths and English.
- Monday to Friday – May require evening or weekend work
- 9 a.m. – 5.30 p.m.
- £14,500 per annum
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
55 total views, 2 today