Apprenticeship Project Management Apprenticeship
Project Management Apprenticeship
Programme: Project management
Salary: £365.25 per week
At Sopra Steria we recognise that our biggest asset is our people – their motivation, capability and commitment. And we recognise that our success as a business depends upon having a highly engaged team. We operate a meritocracy, and like to support and nurture fresh talent. As such, we would hope that successful candidates coming out of the apprenticeship programme go on to enjoy a long and rewarding career within our business.
The role will work within a dynamic team based in Edinburgh and will involve hands-on experience with the management of the development and support of key business applications for public bodies in Scotland.
There is a controlled environment, with proven and effective methodologies for the delivery of software using latest technologies. Our Project Managers are certified professionals (to APM and PRINCE2 standards) and will be able to provide a supportive environment for an aspiring and ambitious Project Manager.
Training and development is at the heart of ensuring that you know how you can truly develop your skills and maximise your potential. As part of your development, you will receive training via an external training provider with a combination of work-based learning as well as structured training and courses.
- Updating and maintaining Project Plans and Task Management Tools
- Updating and maintaining Risk and Issue logs, using our Project Management software
- Updating and maintaining other Project documentation, such as Project Initiation Documents, Change Control Documentation
- Meeting customers to understand requirements for further work
- Attending meetings, capturing actions and ensuring progressed by assigned action owners
- 5 x National 5’s at a-c level including English and Maths. Plus 2 Highers or equivalent.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Demonstrates a “can-do” spirit, ownership, and commitment0
- Have good attention to detail
- Organised & good time management
- Commitment to learning
- 37 hours
- £19,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday allowance + plus bank holidays
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
15 total views, 2 today