Apprenticeship Pharmaceutical Apprenticeship
Exciting minds with our Apprenticeship programme – Pharmaceutical Technical
Closing Date: 21st January 2019
Making sure our products, processes and equipment are fit for purpose is an essential role in our business. This latest apprenticeship from GSK provides technical capabilities in the manufacture, support and troubleshooting of new and existing drug products produced at our pharmaceutical production sites. You will develop, execute and complete technical projects, resolve drug product related production and laboratory issues and look to continuously improve existing processes all of which are important steps in the supply chain, demonstrating that we are actively improving the quality of our customers’ lives by consistently delivering products of the highest possible quality.
Achieve your career goals on our apprentice programme
You’ll receive tailored on-the-job training from our in-house experts, combined with early responsibility to help you develop and progress. You’ll be working towards nationally recognised qualifications- a foundation degree in Applied Chemical Science, through a combination of distance learning and college attendance. And, if you show the qualities we are looking for, you may be offered the opportunity to go on to study for a full degree
Working with both your line and programme manager we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us. You will also be assigned a buddy or a mentor who will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship.
What will you do?
You can expect to work both individually (when appropriately trained) and as part of a team – taking responsibility for the quality, safety and accuracy of the work you undertake.
You will be aligned to one of our manufacturing sites, combining on-the-job learning with a programme of training and development. Your role might involve:
- being part of a team introducing new equipment or processes
- writing technical reports and protocols for new equipment or processes
- running project meetings
- finding the root cause of problems
- identifying areas for improvement
- ensuring quality, safety and accuracy
- Gain an understanding of a broad range of pharmaceutical equipment and processes as well as an understanding of their potential impact on product, quality and patient safety.
- Gain an understanding of how to validate the processes and equipment to ensure they are fit for purpose
- Develop an understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory requirements and their application within a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
What qualifications do I need? To be eligible for our Pharmaceutical Technical apprenticeship you will need:
- Five Scottish National 5 at grade A-C (or five Scottish standard grades 1-3). Must include Maths at a B/2 or above and a Science subject and English at C/3 or above.
- You must have or be expected to achieve the equivalent of 96 UCAS points or 240 in the 2017 tariff from Scottish Highers. Your Highers must include Chemistry.
What our apprentices say about the Pharmaceutical Technical apprenticeship…
“Since I started as a Pharma Tech apprentice, I have enjoyed looking into all of the different roles that GSK offer to people and gaining a greater understanding of how the site runs on a day to day basis.”
When does the Apprenticeship start?
Our apprenticeships start in September 2019.
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus
- Benefit programmes benchmarked against industry standards
- A recognition programme to reward exceptional work by you and your team
- A performance and development programme
- Training and Development (including opportunities to attend events such as the Outward Bound
- A nationally recognised qualification
When you apply, you’ll be asked for your personal information and why you want to work for us. We recommend you apply as soon as possible, because we accept ongoing applications and offer positions on a first come, first served basis.
Watch a video to get to grips with our recruitment process:
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
69 total views, 2 today