Apprenticeship Office and Events Apprentice
Office and Events Apprentice (GLASGOW)
Reports to: Nations and Regions Manager
THIS ROLE IS BASED IN OUR GLASGOW OFFICE
The Nations and Regions team is based in Channel 4’s Glasgow office. Our role is to maximise opportunity for independent production companies based in the Nations & Regions, producing content for Channel 4, E4 and our other channels. We manage a programme of monthly supplier briefings around the UK, alongside other sessions with commissioning editors and departments.
This is primarily an entry-level admin and events role. We are really keen to meet motivated individuals with a passion for TV and events who are keen to make the most of this experience.
This role is well suited to a person who is interested in working in TV but has perhaps struggled to find a way in. You could be straight out of school, transferring from an admin role in another industry or be returning to work after a break.
No prior experience of the TV industry or any media is necessary.
Please note: this is not a production role and is office based with some UK travel.
- Supporting the planning and delivery of regional events across the UK
- Liaising with venues, caterers and external suppliers
- Managing guest lists and rsvp process for events
- Researching event attendees, creating biographies and keeping them up to date
- Booking team travel and accommodation
- Meeting and greeting guests at events and helping to coordinate volunteers
- Support the Nations & Regions Team Assistant with the Channel 4 ‘Diversity of Supply’ Programme across the UK
- Supporting the capture of key data and maintaining the Channel 4 Nations & Regions company database
- Taking minutes and keeping an up to date record of meeting outcomes
- Fact-finding on potential match funding partners for the Nations & Regions portion of the Alpha Fund, providing supporting materials/case studies as required for funding bids
- Diary management of the senior team
- Providing reception support in the Glasgow office of Channel 4 for all meetings and guests, ensuring guests requirements are met and accommodated as appropriate.
Level 3 Events Assistant
- Strong communication skills; happy to talk to people at all levels internally at Channel 4 and externally
- Passionate about Channel 4 and the UK production sector
- Prepared to work hard and get stuck in
- Excellent attention to detail and proof reading skills
- Able to prioritise meetings and workload
- An understanding of and a commitment to diversity
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with last minute changes
- Good organisations skills and ability to organise self and others
- The ability to handle sensitive/confidential information appropriately and in line with Channel 4 guidelines
- Willingness to travel regularly, and on occasion out of core office hours, is a requirement of this role where you may be away from base for 3-4 days on occasion.
Please note that the assessment day for this role will take place on Thursday 6th December in Glasgow. This is a key part of the recruitment process and you must be able to attend this day if you would like to be considered for this role.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
71 total views, 5 today