Apprenticeship IT Technical Support Apprentice
IT Technical Support Apprentice
Salary: £156.00 per week
Closing Date: 2019-03-08
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00017461
This is fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to join an exciting and vibrant company and have the opportunity to work with experienced employees and develop your future career
You will be working for…
A successful UK company that is a world leader in selected eye care services. The company’s portfolio has developed over the years and now include laser eye surgery, healthcare services and cosmetic surgical and non-surgical treatments, as well as maintaining the core optics division of glasses and contact lenses.
Our client is looking for strong, driven and problem solving individuals to work within their service desk. This is a great opportunity to get to know the industry, get involved in exciting projects, and develop new skills that can rapidly open up new opportunities for a successful career.
Be part of QA’s 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK’s tech explosion!
Optical Express started in 1991 and since then they have over 100 clinics across the UK. Our client is based in Cumbernauld and are looking for two IT apprentices to join their IT Service Desk.
This is a good opportunity to learn a wide and varied roll in IT which will be good starting point to any career.
Basic qualifications would be desirable but not required as training will be provided.
- Handle and record all service requests via telephone, e-mail and web interface
- Initial assessment of service request and attempt at resolution and/or escalations to second line or third party support, based on agreed service levels
- Monitor and escalate, as required, all service requests according to agreed service levels
- Keep users informed on the status of service requests, retaining ownership of the requests until they are closed Full training in all areas will be provided.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft
- Highly organised and able to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and use initiative to problem solve
- Excellent communications skill both written and oral
- A willingness to learn / collaborate with team members
- Ability to work shifts including weekends and be willing to travel to other UK offices if required.
- Monday to Friday
- Working for one of the largest optician firms in the UK means you’ll have a great opportunity to begin your career in IT.
Future Career Progression:
Permanent, full time role with real career progression
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
45 total views, 4 today