Apprenticeship IT Technical Advisor Apprentice
IT Technical Advisor Apprentice
Salary: £0.00 per week
Closing Date: 2018-12-13
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00016500
Do you want a fantastic opportunity to learn new skills and start a very rewarding career? Start here, apply now!
You will be working for…
A company that is Scotland’s premier computer retailer, specialising in computer sales, laptop, and desktop repairs for public, education and business. Additional services include network configuring and mobile and tablet repairs
One of Scotland’s premier computer retailers are looking for a hardworking and energetic individual who is passionate about IT to work in their Glasgow store.
The role will consist of working on the shop floor helping customers with their technical issues along with working in the tech department in a hands on IT role.
- Dealing with customers face to face or over telephone & helping them with their enquiries
- Booking jobs in and out
- Learning Database systems
- Onsite installation & Network configuration
- Repair laptops, desktop PC’s, mobiles, tablets etc
- Stock control
- Ad hoc duties as when required
- 2.5 days on shop floor and 2.5 days in tech department
- A quick learner who responds well to new tasks
- Well organised and able to work with a high degree of accuracy
- Dependable, self-motivated and the ability to work independently
- Good team player who can work productively with colleagues
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Excellent communication skills
- Willing to work towards further IT qualifications
You must have at least 5 National 5 grades, qualifications must include Maths and English.
- 5 days over 7
- £5.80 per hour
- Further IT qualifications can be gained within the workplace (A+ certificate and comp TIA network certificate) salary increases after each exam that is passed
- Scope to progress to sales technical advisor after 1 year
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
60 total views, 4 today