Apprenticeship IT Service Desk Apprentice
IT Service Desk Apprentice
Salary: £375.00 per week
Closing Date: 2019-06-16
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00017835
Edrington is a privately owned international spirits company based in Glasgow. It produces alcoholic drinks including The Macallan, The Famous Grouse, Brugal and Snow Leaopard Vodka. Based in Glasgow, it employs approximately 3,000 people around the world. Approximately 900 employees are based in Scotland. Approximately 70% of the workforce is outside Scotland.
The success of their brands and of Edrington as an organisation, is down to the excellent talent they have working for them and the tools and support they provide to ensure success.
They are committed to providing a comprehensive training and development programme for all employees, regardless of their role.
Reporting to the T Service Desk Team Leader, you will take on the role as Junior IT Configuration and Service Desk Analyst Apprentice. You will provide the initial point of contact for IT support on the Service Desk. You will provide 1st level IT Support and manage helpdesk tickets through to completion.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a leading global organisation with immense opportunity long term.
- Provide 1st level IT support and manage helpdesk tickets through to completion
- Diagnose and resolve operational issues with personal computers, networks, telephony and local IT infrastructure.
- Install and configure workstation software.
- Supporting desktop applications.
- In time provide advice on the operational aspects of computer systems and software.
- Provide site support for Glasgow and Buchley Warehousing networking infrastructure
- Administer daily management of backup and archiving facilities.
- To assist and support the IT Services team in the delivery of new IT solutions
- Meet agreed responsive targets for faults, or issues reported to IT Service Desk
- Administer daily backup of business critical systems
- Support to business and IT projects
- Maintain a high level of customer credibility by committing to a scheduled response and following through on that response.
- Service Desk queue monitoring
- Service desk call assignment and housekeeping
- MiTel telephone system user setup
- Skype server administration
- Good analytical, problem solving skills,
- The ability to work in a team and alone,
- Proactive, fast learners who are open to change.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Monday – Friday
- 9am – 5 30pm
- You will be paid £10/hr which is equivalent to £19,500 per annum
- Discount at staff shop
- 37 days holiday
- Share save and share reward
- Private healthcare
- 3 paid charity days
- Competitive pension
- Dress down Friday
Future Career Progression:
- Permanent job with Edrington Group. You will benefit from future training and working for a recognisable and sought after employer.
- Salary will be reviewed once apprenticeship has been completed and there will be annual reviews from there. Long term earning potential is very competitive as well as starting on £19,500 as an apprentice.
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
242 total views, 1 today