Apprenticeship IT Service Desk Apprentice
IT Service Desk Apprentice
Salary: £230.62 per week
Closing Date: 2019-07-19
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00018419
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a great company who has the desire to support people through the business. Also to learn new skills and start a very rewarding career. Apply now and don’t delay!
You will be working for…
A long established Global organisation based on George Square in Glasgow City Centre.
Be part of QA’s 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK’s tech explosion!
Specialising in providing financial solutions to clients, a global organisation with reach across over 20 countries seeks an IT Service Desk Apprentice to support the wider team. You will resolve issues in a timely manner, whilst gaining exposure to the IT Infrastructure of the company.
- Monitoring and dispatching Helpdesk jobs received from a number of different sources using a customised Helpdesk package
- Providing 1st Line local and remote IT support to staff across 9 regional sites
- Deploying and configuring computer hardware and applications.
- Troubleshooting, monitor and maintain systems printers and networks.
- Escalating incidents to 2nd line support
- Ensuring security of hardware and software and maintain an inventory of IT assets
- Maintaining licence and asset information
- Documenting and Following processes
- Escalating and reporting to IT Helpdesk Manager
- An active interest in IT
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- A methodical approach
- Troubleshooting skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- A can do attitude
- 08:30-17:00 Monday – Friday
- £12,000 per annum
Future Career Progression:
- Should you perform well in this role you will have the opportunity to take on more responsibility in a 2nd line support role
- As your role and responsibilities increase your salary will be reflective of this.
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
9 total views, 2 today