Apprenticeship IT Network Engineer Apprentice
IT Network Engineer Apprentice
Salary: £150.00 – £250.00 per week
Closing Date: 2019-03-29
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00017140
This is fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to join an exciting and vibrant company and have the opportunity to work with experienced employees and develop your future career
You will be working for…
A successful IT company based in Perth, specialising in all forms of IT Systems and Support have an excellent opportunity for an IT apprentice to join the team. Working within a small technical team of experienced engineers the successful candidate will be looking for a career in the IT industry, be a quick learner and have good communication skills. You will be a team player be able to demonstrate a keen interest in IT and have experience of or be willing to develop your knowledge of the following as your duties will include. A great opportunity based within the IT team to be able to learn a variety of skills to ensure a great start to an IT career.
Be part of QA’s 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK’s tech explosion!
The IT Department is responsible for handling first level support of service requests. This Relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks and vendor specific hardware and software.
- Provide exceptional first line support across a multitude of hardware / software devices to existing clients
- Log customer/employee queries
- Accurately diagnose an issue based on the information you have been given
- Resolve an issue efficiently and accurately and record information
- Maintain good communication with your clients and manager at all times
- Routine Maintenance and Optimisation
- Virus Removal
- Backup and storage
- Email / telephone / enquiries
- General administration duties will also be required of you
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server and Desktop Operating Systems, including Microsoft AD and Exchange would be an advantage but not essential
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Networking would be advantageous but not essential
- Diagnose and solve hardware/software faults would be advantageous but not essential
Skills and Experience:
Your training will…
Start with a 12-14 month IT apprenticeship, which consists of training in small groups and work based assessment covering: Operating systems, Server administration, Customer support, Networking and Security.
You will gain a Diploma for Information Technology & Telecommunications Professionals SCQF Level 6 plus MCP in Windows 8/10 Configuration and Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1.
This is a fantastic opportunity to start a long and rewarding career in IT.
Who should apply…
- Someone who is self-motivated
- Someone who has the ability to work in a fast moving environment
- Someone who has an interest in IT and the latest technology
- Someone who has general IT hardware knowledge
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
148 total views, 2 today