Apprenticeship IT Helpdesk / Projects – Modern Apprentice
IT Helpdesk / Projects – Modern Apprentice
Salary: £147.00 – £206.62 per week
Closing Date: 2019-02-28
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00016976
Scottish Borders Housing Association (SBHA) is the largest registered social landlord operating in the Scottish Borders, providing over 5600 quality affordable homes for rent in communities throughout the Scottish Borders.
We are a financially sound, aspirational and innovative organisation inspired by future challenges and opportunities. Developing services that meet the local needs of current and future Tenants and their communities within an ever-changing external environment is a strategic priority for SBHA. Technology will help enable service improvement and organisational change to meet the demands of the future and this role will support users as well as contributing to a major IT projects. The include Mobile Working and Self Service which are being rolled out to support SBHA’s new operating model.
SBHA is committed to increasing the opportunities for young people in the local area by providing Modern Apprenticeships (MA’s). These allow you to gain skills and knowledge in the world of work as well as gaining a formal qualification.
To develop skills and competences within ICT in a customer focused office environment.
Support the IT team and all of the SBHA IT users by providing an effective Helpdesk service, logging and carrying out initial investigations to problems and incidents as they arise. Maintaining various housekeeping tasks on the systems to ensure effective day-to-day running of the IT services.
Provide efficient administrative and ICT support to IT projects and other parts of the association as required.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a keen interest in ICT to join our Modern Apprenticeship programme.
Working as part of the ICT Team to provide helpdesk support and support IT projects, the successful candidate will gain valuable employment experience in a customer focussed environment via an approved programme of training through the Modern Apprenticeship Scheme. During the course the candidate will achieve an MA in Information Technology at SCQF Level 6 in Year 1 and Level 8 in Year 2, and gain experience and skills in Helpdesk support as well as aspects of CRM project implementation including:
- Issue Logging
- Troubleshooting and Problem Solving
- Software Testing
- Implementation & Configuration of software
- Form Building
- User Testing
Skills and Experience:
1. Education & Qualifications
- A minimum of 4 Standard Grade/National passes, including English
- Ability and commitment to achieve all the outcomes of the apprenticeship including passing SCQF Level 6 and Level 8
- Experience of working in an office/customer service environment
- General administrative experience
- Experience of working within a team
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure (hardware, databases, operating systems, local area networks etc)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages – Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and Visio
- A good knowledge of social media
- Good understanding of delivering excellent customer service
4. Skills and Abilities
- Able to demonstrate an interest in and aptitude for working with ICT
- Able to take and write accurate problem descriptions for helpdesk calls.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to plan and manage priorities to meet deadlines, seeking support when necessary
- Ability to follow procedures and instructions with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate positively at all levels, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Ability to maintain a high standard of reliability and time keeping
5. Other Requirements
- A confident manner and a positive and progressive attitude
- Flexible and willing to travel
- Has a reasonable capacity to cope with stressful situations and to operate successfully under pressure.
- Desire to improve processes and systems
- Deals responsibly with confidential and sensitive information.
- 35 hours per week
- NMW (£7,644 to £10,738)
- Permanent role within the SBHA will be on offer
- NMW – will rise and Pay will be discussed upon completion of 2 year apprenticeship
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
18 total views, 1 today