Apprenticeship IT Apprentice
Salary: £0.00 per week
Closing Date: 2018-12-26
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00016422
Are you a progress driven individual? Are you looking to further your career with a qualification? If so look no further and apply for this fantastic apprenticeship position!
You will be working for…
The global leader in the rental of power generation and temperature control equipment. Operating in more than 100 countries across the world we serve companies across an extensive range of industries. We can be found at power plants in Japan, mines in Australia, on Hollywood stage sets, in fact anywhere across the globe, from the World Cup in Rio, the Olympic Games in London, Vancouver and Beijing to oil rigs in the North Sea. We are offering the opportunity to have a ‘borderless career’ meaning that potentially – based on performance, ability, motivation and desire you could move across businesses, across functions or across geographies. There is a real pride in working for us Jobs will be varied, exciting and fun. If you think you have the skills and attitude to fit into the team, why not submit your CV now.
Be part of QA’s 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK’s tech explosion!
Train as an IT modern apprentice, undertaking a structured 2 year training program of academic study and hands-on operational activity. You will provide professional IT support to our global users during a 6 month rotational programme, giving you operational exposure to key Service Desk and Infrastructure activities. This entry level role is designed to give a strong technical grounding.
- In line with rotational programme and defined learning outcomes, observe, learn and understand a wide range of IT skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled technical staff.
- Demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently and with a team, to undertake tasks as instructed and increasing overall contribution to the department.
- Undertake and successfully complete online and face to face training courses to achieve the academic grades and practical skills required to achieve SCQF8 level.
- Work closely with other team members to assist in achieving team objectives.
- Communicate effectively with IT colleagues, senior managers, Aggreko customers and users in a clear, concise and helpful way.
- Maintain regular contact with appointed Mentor during the period of the Apprenticeship.
- Perform any other duties in line with the training rotational plan.
- A demonstrable passion for technology and personal computing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – relates to people and engages and builds relationships
- Committed to learning and self-development
- Analytical mind with passion for problem solving
- Good time management skills and the ability to multi-task efficiently
- Strong team player willing to take ownership and responsibility
- Reliable and committed to completing tasks
- Resilience – persistent, positive and self-reliant
You must have at least 5 National 5 grades, qualifications must include Maths and English.
- Monday to Friday
- 9am to 5:30pm
- £14,300 per annum + performance related salary review
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
94 total views, 2 today