Apprenticeship ISLT Assistant Apprentice
ISLT Assistant Apprentice
Salary: £315.00 per week
Closing Date: 2019-04-26
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00017397
As a training organisation we understand the importance of developing young people and strive to ensure a positive learning experience for all. This opportunity would provide a young person with experience of working and learning in the public sector. We offer excellent terms and conditions including public sector pension, 45 days holiday, flexible working and a supportive environment with a culture of respect and professionalism.
Based at our Galashiels campus, this role will see the MA work on our busy helpdesk assisting over 250 staff and 4000 students with their IT issues across all five of our Borders campuses.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in IT along with a welcoming and pleasant personality. Previous experience in a technical and/or customer service environment would be advantageous.
Duties will include:
- Daily management, allocation and updating of support tickets in our call management system
- Diagnosing and resolving technical issues raised by staff & students
- Liaising with other areas of the college and appropriate 3rd parties
- Creating and maintaining documentation
- Installing and configuring software on systems
- Assist User Support team with re-imaging of new desktops/laptops
- Working with other areas of the ISLT team on future projects
Skills and Experience:
- Pleasant friendly manner
- Confident and enthusiastic
- Proactive and self-motivated with a drive to seek out a career in IT
- Organisational and planning skills
- 45 days annual leave
- Public sector pension scheme
- Potential for career progression within the College IT Department
- This role is covered by National Bargaining and guarantees the Scottish Living Wage
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
58 total views, 2 today