Apprenticeship ICT Technician Apprentice
ICT Technician Apprentice
Salary: £182.62 – £230.62 per week
Closing Date: 2019-06-07
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00017969
Cargilfield is the oldest independent boarding and day prep school in Scotland, for more than 300 girls and boys, aged 3-13 years. Each child has an extensive range of opportunities to learn, explore and discover before they leave Cargilfield to join leading senior schools across the UK.
Cargilfield Prep School are looking for an passionate IT apprentice to support the operations of their ICT function to staff and pupils. This is a varied role that encompasses all aspects of IT Systems & Networking so someone with previous computing experience is preferable.
This is a 2 year Modern Apprenticeship with successful candidate expected to complete an IT Systems & Networking SCQF Level 6 in year 1 and SCQF Level 8 in year 2.
- First line response to troubleshoot ICT hardware and software problems across the whole school network;
- Liaise with the Network Management Company – log, escalate and monitor open support calls.
- Liaise with Photocopier & Printer supplier – log and monitor faults; Order new toner/waste boxes as required. Recycle old toner boxes with recycling company.
- Maintain and monitor ICT hardware; search for replacement hardware as required and provide quotes for the Head of ICT.
- Add/delete/edit users and reset passwords;
- Monitor and manage the school Internet filtering system;
- Manage iPads using JAMF and Apple Manager – security and storage; adding/removing apps and backups;
- Liaise with the School’s MIS system provider;
- Develop the ICT strategy within the school alongside the Head of ICT;
- Assist with Staff training in ICT;
- Manage the server room – organising equipment, cables, tidying etc.
- Set up ICT equipment for lectures/debates etc.;
- Run the Code Club at Upper School morning break;
- Support Staff in ICT lessons as required;
- Just occasionally in a busy school, you may be asked to help in an emergency. These occurrences are very rare but we would expect a member of staff to be happy to be flexible;
- Any other reasonable request from the Head of IT /Headmaster.
Skills and Experience:
- A passion for IT!
- Able to work on your own and show initiative
- Capable of prioritising workload
- Confident & outgoing with good communication skills
- A good work ethic and dependable
- Mature with the ability to keep calm under pressure
- 30 hours per week
- £9,500 – £12,000
- 2 year apprenticeship
- 28 days holiday
- Automatic enrolment into a company pension scheme
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
26 total views, 2 today