Apprenticeship General Office Apprentice
General Office Apprentice
Town: East kilbride
Salary: £0.00 per week
Closing Date: 2018-12-28
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00016626
This business is expert in providing bespoke electronic embedded control systems. Designed for high reliability and application in the harshest and toughest of environments, our unique electronic and software solutions also save energy while keep costs under control.
Established as a specialist consultancy in 2011, the Company has grown to develop a dedicated team of of highly motivated electronic and software engineers with over 60 years of combined experience in adaptive and predictive control system design and production.
They are now looking to bring on a General Office Apprentice to help within the office covering a variety of tasks.
- Creation, use and maintenance of recording and digital systems
- General office/admin assistance
- Greeting customers and offering hospitality
- Taking a minute of a meeting
- Generally keeping the office areas clean, organised and tidy
- Answering telephones and taking messages
- Set up meetings and keep the main diary current – in person or via Webex/Skype
- Supporting finance, purchasing and stock management
- Dealing with mail, postage, couriers
- Assistance with packaging
- Checking deliveries against orders and ensuring engineers check and sign off
- Maintaining storage and stock control
- Assisting with petty cash
- Supporting HR functions
- Maintenance of daily time sheets for staff
- General recording (also see inclusions noted above)
- General assistance with Quality Assurance recording
- Mail and postage
- Deliveries and stock
- Time sheets for staff
- Financial information (e.g., petty cash)
- Some HR information (e.g., leave and absence)
- Can learn quickly and thoroughly
- Likes and enjoys interacting with a very wide range of people
- Is confident but not in any way afraid to ask how to do something or to just make something clear
- Is genuinely motivated to enjoy working with us
- Shows enthusiasm and willingness
- Committed to equality and is not discriminatory in any way
- Will offer between 30-35 hours per week. This can be agreed at the start of the apprenticeship. We are fully committed to offering 35 hours per week but if there is a need to reduce hours to 30 per week.
- £5per hour
- Perm role
- Increased Salary
- The apprentice/intern rate of annual leave is the basic allowance of 20 days plus 8 public holidays (pro rata if applicable). However, we fix 8 public holidays per year (1st, 2nd January, Easter Monday, first Monday in May, September weekend and 25th and 26th December). We also ask for days to be put aside for a Xmas shut down (changes each year) and also for one week during the summer (date to be agreed).
- Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship and if a permanent contract is offered, the holiday entitlement changes to 25 days per year and 8 days public holidays.
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
98 total views, 1 today