Apprenticeship Finance Apprentice
Location: Craigforth, Stirling, FK9 4UE
Working Week: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm, 35 hrs per week
Salary: £313.79 per week
Closing Date: 2019-04-05
We are seeking a motivated and conscientious Apprentice who is interested in working in Financial Services and wishes to pursue a career in Finance. The successful applicant will be involved in preparing and analysing management information and dealing with different areas of the business. They will also get the opportunity to learn about different life insurance products and the financial metrics of the company while working with a supportive accounting team.
About the Employer:
Working with M&GPrudential as an Accounts Payable Apprentice means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investments business.
M&GPrudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
As a Finance Apprentice, you will be expected to support the Wealth area which including sales reporting and expense management. You will be expected to use Power BI (business analytics application), MS Excel and other tools to perform in-depth numerical analysis.
- Undertaking numerical analysis and data manipulation using a range of software
- Supporting a variety of management reports
- Responding to technical queries
- Supporting project work when required
- Supporting expense analysis for the business
- Understanding and supporting sales bonus payments
- Seeking and acting on opportunities to develop technical and business understanding
- Drafting and maintaining up-to-date, appropriate documentation and checklists for processes
- Providing ad hoc admin support to the team where required
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Basic understanding of MS Office (Word, Outlook)
- Strong understanding of MS Excel
- Strong mathematical ability
- Ability to work in a diverse team
- Ability to build and develop relationships
- Problem-solving abilities coupled with intelligence, passion and a drive to learn
The role would ideally be suited to a confident individual with a strong ability in mathematics and with an interest in a career in Finance. The successful applicant should enjoy working as part of a team and be able to manage their time effectively. The applicant would ideally have an inquisitive and analytical nature and be keen to learn.
Our standard entry requirements apply: Scottish National 5’s with good grades in Maths and English (A-C) or relevant 2 years work experience.
Qualification you’ll achieve as part of your Apprenticeship:
Diploma in Business Administration at SCQF Level 6
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
159 total views, 2 today