Apprenticeship Engineering Apprenticeship
Exciting minds with our Apprenticeship programme – Engineering
Closing date: 21st January 2019
Engineers at GSK are responsible for designing, maintaining and improving our leading-edge manufacturing & R&D facilities that deliver life-saving treatments.
Our multi-skilled engineering apprenticeship programmes are designed to create the technicians and engineers of the future. As an engineering apprentice, you will have the opportunity to develop mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control & automation skills in either our R&D or manufacturing facilities.
Achieve your career goals on our apprentice programme
You’ll receive tailored on-the-job training combined with early responsibility to help you develop and progress. You’ll be working towards nationally recognised qualifications while gaining valuable, paid work experience. Depending on your entry qualifications, you will study towards an advanced, higher or degree apprenticeship standard.
Working with both your line and programme manager we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us. You will be assigned a buddy or a mentor if you are offered a role and they will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship.
If you show the qualities, we are looking for you may be offered the opportunity to go on to study for an HND or degree in engineering.
What will you do?
We offer Engineering Apprenticeships in either a manufacturing or a research & development (R&D) setting. Our Engineering apprenticeship can last up to four years. The higher and degree apprentices’ study one day a week while advanced apprentices’ study full time for the first year. When not studying you will be learning new skills with our engineering teams.
Your apprenticeship will combine on-the-job learning with a programme of training and development. You will:
- Develop mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and automation skills
- Learn how to maintain production equipment
- Carry out routine maintenance
- Fault find, diagnose and resolve breakdowns
- Help design, install and test new equipment
What qualifications do I need? To be eligible for our Engineering apprenticeship you will need:
- Must have/be predicted to achieve a minimum of five Scottish National 5s at grade A-C (or five standard grades at grades 1-3). Must include Maths at a B or above and a Science subject, and English language (not literature) at C or above
- For a higher apprenticeship you will need the entry requirements as advanced apprenticeship above plus:
- BTEC 3 in Engineering or A levels in Maths and/or Physics and/or Engineering.
When does the Apprenticeship start?
Our apprenticeships start in September 2019.
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus
- Benefit programmes benchmarked against industry standards
- A recognition programme to reward exceptional work by you and your team
- A performance and development programme
- Training and Development (including opportunities to attend events such as the Outward Bound
- A nationally recognised qualification
When you apply, you’ll be asked for your personal information and why you want to work for us. We recommend you apply as soon as possible, because we accept ongoing applications and offer positions on a first come, first served basis.
Watch a video to get to grips with our recruitment process:
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
97 total views, 1 today