Apprenticeship Digital Coordinator Apprentice
Digital Coordinator Apprentice
Salary: £288.38 per week
Closing Date: 2019-03-21
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00017168
My client is an International Freight Forwarder, who can arrange to move your cargo to any International destination around the globe and advise on all documentation and customs requirements in the country of destination.
As an International Freight Forwarder, Davies Turner arranges to move cargo to any International destination around the globe and advise on all documentation and customs requirements in the country of destination. Davies provide international freight forwarder services including sea, air and European road freight services.
They are looking for an apprentice to provide shipping, transport and forwarding expertise, build and develop relationships with customers in order to generate and increase business. A huge part of this role will be understanding customers needs and requirements and promote internal solutions across the Davies Turner services range using digital systems.
- To handle shipments by road and sea forwarding using bespoke internal systems.
- To receive incoming digital enquiries and collect all the necessary information, to ensure bookings are correctly and accurately processed on relevant online portals
- To process shipment information in a timely manner to prevent delays
- Engage with customers digitally via email and provide appropriate quotations using the data and systems available, collating all the necessary information to ensure any order progress enquiries from customers are dealt with efficiently and kept informed of the status of the order at all times.
- To provide service information, quotations, take bookings and champion the needs of the customer by offering a high standard of customer service to both internal and external customers, by providing accurate and appropriate information and demonstrating a professional, helpful and positive manner.
- To liaise with customs staff when required, providing them with accurate information from the systems to ensure goods are quickly cleared for import/export in accordance with the Customer’s requirements.
- To provide the office with required digital support including typing, filing, to contribute to the smooth and efficient running of the department.
- To ensure that all documentation, records and systems are accurate and kept up to date using the available systems
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be willing to learn the business and the products involved
- Must be able to deal with pressure and thrive working in a busy environment
- Must show initiative and enthusiasm for learning
- Monday – Friday
- 9am – 5.30pm
- £15,000 per year, going up to £16,000 after probation is passed
- Financially strong and stable business and the business continues to grow
- Private healthcare
- Profit related pay scheme
- 29 days holiday which increases according to length of service
- Progressive and forward-thinking company
- Real progression opportunity within the team including earning potential
Future Career Progression:
- Progression within the team and opportunities to work your way up – this role has come about because someone has progressed and has been promoted to a different department.
- Will be £17,000 by the end of their first year then they will go onto an employee grade scheme
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
49 total views, 1 today