Apprenticeship Database Administrator Apprentice
Database Administrator Apprentice
Salary: £346.15 per week
Closing Date: 2019-05-24
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00017911
Baillie Gifford is an investment management company founded in 1908. Since that time, we have grown into a leading global company and we invest in some of the world’s most exciting businesses. We work hard for our clients and employ over 1000 people, most of whom work in Edinburgh, but we also have offices in London, New York and Hong Kong. People are often surprised by the variety of roles available within Baillie Gifford, which can include investment managers, lawyers, finance experts, travel co-ordinators, client administrators and IT specialists. With a vast array of jobs, there may be a role for you that you hadn’t considered.
At Baillie Gifford, we’re incredibly committed to the wellbeing of our employees and we’re proud of our supportive working environment, with recent initiatives such as the Mental Health group and LGBT network. Our culture isn’t just limited to our work though – there’s an abundance of social events and groups to get involved in, from the annual dinner dance and office outing, to touch rugby and yoga classes. Not forgetting the free fruit, hot drinks and on-site restaurant to enjoy each day.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, driven individual to enter the challenging world of IT. The role would suit someone who is keen to learn all elements of the data platforms role and has a focus on delivering a great service to our internal customers. Enthusiasm, willingness to learn and adaptability will help ensure a great start in the world of IT. Does this sound like you?
The apprenticeship programme will provide a combination classroom based and on the job training to allow you to achieve SVQ Information Technology and Telecommunications at SCQF Level 6. Additionally, you will also receive training on our internal systems and our business which give you even more valuable experience that will boost your development as a Data Base Administrator (DBA).
Start date for this role is 21st August.
- Provide support for users of the systems as required
- Help maintain, develop and administer our existing Information Systems (IS) data platforms
- Help ensure our data platforms work and perform to meet the needs of the business and our application development teams
- Adapt our systems to meet current business demands whilst preparing for the future needs
- Follow existing standards and procedures, and suggest improvements to these standards whenever appropriate
- Take part in projects
- Help the team provide 2nd line support for all databases and associated applications
- Over time you’ll be able to develop fixes for a whole range of IT problems
Skills and Experience:
- Do you enjoy solving problems?
- Having a passion for technology is really important
- Do you like working as part as a team
- Are you curious to learn and know more about how technology supports our business?
- Are you interested in your customers?
- Can you explain technical things clearly to non-technical people?
- A passion for technology is essential
- Can you work methodical with a and safety-first approach to change?
- Not afraid to ask for help
- 37.5 hours
- Monday to Friday
- £500 sign-on bonus to help you get ready for working life
- Annual bonus
- 34 days holiday
- Market-leading pension
- Life assurance
- Discounted healthcare
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
25 total views, 1 today