Apprenticeship Credit Control Apprentice
Credit Control is a fascinating specialism within finance, and plays a critical role in the effectiveness of any business. Our Credit Control team is pivotal to our success. The team deals mainly with our On Trade customers (pubs, bars, clubs, hotels, restaurants, etc.), and spends a lot of time talking to them on the phone every day. Credit Control work closely with our Sales team to ensure that customer orders are paid for promptly, outstanding debts are managed, credit limits are managed, payments are correctly allocated to the right accounts and that we maintain a positive working relationship with the customer.
So what’s involved?
You’ll be working with our Credit Control team to learn all about the processes, systems and standards we follow to ensure that our customer accounts are properly managed. You can expect to get involved in:
- Working with customers by phone and email to make sure that their accounts are up-to-date and payments are correctly allocated
- Dealing with credit and payment queries, and working with customers to resolve outstanding debts
- Liaising with members of our sales team to resolve problems and answer questions
- Following financial control and businesses processes to ensure the smooth and secure handling of cash and customer data
- Supporting other members of the team with administrative support
Most of your learning will happen on the job, but you’ll also spend c.1 day a week in college studying for a nationally recognised qualification. When you qualify, we hope that you’ll then move into a permanent Credit Controller role, and continue to develop your career with us.
What you’ll need:
- A good academic background – You probably enjoyed subjects like business studies, accounting and maths at school
- Good written and spoken English
- Good numeracy skills. You don’t need be a maths boffin, but you’ll be comfortable working with numbers.
- A conscientious approach – You’re reliable and hardworking, and don’t take shortcuts
- The desire to learn, both on-the-job, and through part time study
- An interest in developing a career in the food and drink industry
- Some experience in life, school or employment that demonstrates your ability to live our four ‘T’ values – Tenacious (the determination to make things happen), Trusted (people know they can rely on you), Tempted (curiosity and confidence to try new things), True (respecting your team mates and looking out for each other).
What you’ll get:
While you’re training, you’ll receive £8.41 per hour, as well as a fully funded college qualification. You’ll also get the option to join our staff pension. You’ll get 30 days holiday a year, and the chance to earn an annual bonus. And you’ll receive a product allowance (but you’ll be limited to soft drinks until you turn 18!)
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
80 total views, 6 today