Apprenticeship Creative and Digital Marketing – Modern Apprentice
Creative and Digital Marketing – Modern Apprentice
Salary: £316.50 per week
Closing Date: 2019-05-26
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00017994
Fantastic apprenticeship opportunities available at the University of Edinburgh. You can finish all your exams in school, secure your dream apprenticeship role and start employment at a world-renowned University
This is an exciting opportunity to become a valued member of the CAHSS Digital Innovation Team based in the University of Edinburgh’s Central Area campus. The Digital Innovation Team members work closely together to deliver projects and services from their offices overlooking George Square and consist of talented full-stack developers, digital designers, UX and marketing experts, content managers, multimedia producers, and project managers. There will be a lead line manager throughout the placement.
To maintain our reputation as one of the world’s leading universities, we recruit the best people to a variety of support, professional and academic roles each year. We offer an exciting, positive, creative, challenging and rewarding place to work. We give you support, nurture your talent, develop and reward success and integrate professional and personal career goals, as well as give your career the benefit of a great and distinguished reputation. In addition, our employees benefit from a competitive reward package and a wide range of staff benefits, which include generous holiday entitlement, a defined benefits pension scheme, staff discounts and much more.
The Digital Innovation Team supports the College of Arts Humanities and Social Sciences (CAHSS) and its 12 Schools to deliver digital solutions and manage a catalogue of digital services that promote first-class teaching and research across a very wide range of academic disciplines. You will work as part of a supportive, diverse and busy digital team.
To maintain our reputation as one of the world’s leading universities, we recruit the best people to a variety of support, professional and academic roles each year. We offer an exciting, positive, creative, challenging and rewarding place to work. We give you support, nurture your talent, develop and reward success and integrate professional and personal career goals, as well as give your career the benefit of a great and distinguished reputation. In addition, our employees benefit from a competitive reward package and a wide range of staff benefits.
The Press and PR Office is part of the University’s Communications and Marketing department. We manage and seek to enhance the University’s reputation across a range of media and provide news content for the University’s corporate website.
- Assisting with the delivery of the media relations programme, including the preparation and distribution of press releases and media monitoring
- Assisting with managing enquiries from the media
- Helping to develop databases of key journalistic contacts, tracking media coverage and developing position statements
- Assisting with managing events that have media in attendance
- Working with colleagues to develop original content for corporate channels that showcase the University’s research excellence
What will I learn?
- You will take an SQA Diploma in Digital Marketing, at SCQF level 6. You will be able to take a wide range of courses from levels 5-7, to achieve 65 Credits.
- You will develop your ‘soft skills’ (e.g. communication skills, working in an organisation, interpersonal skills, customer service, using your own initiative, teamwork, problem solving, etc.).
- You will learn about news writing, media relations and using a variety of channels as part of the external communications mix.
- Gain experience working with communications specialists, increase confidence while operating in a fast-paced media environment and develop a range of interpersonal skills.
- Gain experience of working accurately, methodically and to schedule.
- Gain confidence by working within a team environment, and developing problem solving and skills associated with good media relations.
- Gain confidence and experience using a range of communication tools in a professional environment.
- We are looking for an individual who is proactive, friendly, flexible and understands the importance of team work.
- Enthusiastic, willing to learn, punctual, reliable, committed and self-motivated with great attention to detail.
- 5 National 5 or above including English, good writing skills are also required.
- A working understanding of Microsoft Office suite or similar e.g. Excel and Word.
- Excellent ability to think logically and pass on information in a clear concise manner, written and verbally
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills.
- An interest in media, storytelling, media monitoring and digital communications.
- A willingness to participate in a Modern Apprentice programme.
- Evidence of interest in news and current affairs
- Experience of working in an office-based environment
- 37 hours per week
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
26 total views, 1 today