Apprenticeship Creative and Digital Marketing – Modern Apprentice
Creative and Digital Marketing – Modern Apprentice
Salary: £316.50 per week
Closing Date: 2019-05-26
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00017993
Fantastic apprenticeship opportunities available at the University of Edinburgh. You can finish all your exams in school, secure your dream apprenticeship role and start employment at a world-renowned University
This is an exciting opportunity to become a valued member of the CAHSS Digital Innovation Team based in the University of Edinburgh’s Central Area campus. The Digital Innovation Team members work closely together to deliver projects and services from their offices overlooking George Square and consist of talented full-stack developers, digital designers, UX and marketing experts, content managers, multimedia producers, and project managers. There will be a lead line manager throughout the placement.
To maintain our reputation as one of the world’s leading universities, we recruit the best people to a variety of support, professional and academic roles each year. We offer an exciting, positive, creative, challenging and rewarding place to work. We give you support, nurture your talent, develop and reward success and integrate professional and personal career goals, as well as give your career the benefit of a great and distinguished reputation. In addition, our employees benefit from a competitive reward package and a wide range of staff benefits, which include generous holiday entitlement, a defined benefits pension scheme, staff discounts and much more.
The Digital Innovation Team supports the College of Arts Humanities and Social Sciences (CAHSS) and its 12 Schools to deliver digital solutions and manage a catalogue of digital services that promote first-class teaching and research across a very wide range of academic disciplines. You will work as part of a supportive, diverse and busy digital team.
To maintain our reputation as one of the world’s leading universities, we recruit the best people to a variety of support, professional and academic roles each year. Our team of talented and committed professional & support staff are critical to our success.
We offer an exciting, positive, creative, challenging and rewarding place to work. We give you support, nurture your talent, develop and reward success and integrate professional and personal career goals, as well as give your career the benefit of a great and distinguished reputation. In addition, our employees benefit from a competitive reward package and a wide range of staff benefits, which include generous holiday entitlement, a defined benefits pension scheme, staff discounts and much more.
The College of Arts, Humanities and Social Science is the largest of the 3 Colleges in the University and is made up of 11 Schools, the Centre for Open Learning and a College Office which supports almost 24,000 students and 3,600 staff.
The Centre for Open Learning (COL) offers English Language Education and short courses in languages, art and design and various subjects such as history, creative writing and psychology. COL also runs the International Foundation Programme, the part-time Access programme and the International Summer/Winter School.
The COL Marketing team carries out a range of dedicated Marketing activities, including digital communications (social media and email campaigns), design work (print and digital) and events.
- Image research and editing support for colleagues.
- Identifying and collating content for use on digital platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Monitoring competitor social media channels
- Helping to create and plan social media campaigns.
- Helping to update public facing content on the programme websites, intranet and SharePoint resources.
- Supporting digital editorial tasks:
- Preparing and proofing content for publication.
- Updating website content.
- Updating planning calendars.
- Management of email communication lists
- Helping to create email communications and mailings
- Helping to monitor social media performance and analytics.
What will I learn?
- You will take an SQA Diploma in Digital Marketing, at SCQF level 6. You will be able to take a wide range of courses from levels 5-7, to achieve 65 Credits.
- You will develop your ‘soft skills’ (e.g. communication skills, working in an organisation, interpersonal skills, customer service, using your own initiative, teamwork, problem solving, etc.).
- You will learn about marketing and using digital platforms as a key part of the marketing mix.
- Gain experience working with a range of marketing and communications specialists, increasing communication confidence and interpersonal skills.
- Gain experience of working accurately, methodically and to deadlines.
- Gain confidence working within a team environment, and developing problem solving and customer service skills.
- Gain confidence and experience using digital communication tools in a professional environment.
- We are looking for an individual who is proactive, friendly, flexible and understands the importance of team work.
- Enthusiastic, willing to learn, punctual, reliable, committed and self-motivated with great attention to detail.
- A minimum of 5 Standard grades (Level 1-3) OR 5 National 5’s or Intermediate 2’s level C or above (including Maths and English)
- An understanding of Microsoft Office suite or similar e.g. Excel and Word.
- Excellent ability to think logically and pass on information in a clear concise manner, written and verbally
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills.
- An interest in social media, marketing and digital communications.
- A willingness to participate in a Modern Apprentice programme.
- Evidence of design or artistic aptitude and potential.
- Experience of working in an office based environment
- 37 hours per week
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
44 total views, 2 today