Apprenticeship Apprentice IT Service Desk Analyst
Apprentice IT Service Desk Analyst
Programme: IT systems and networking
Salary: £181.88 – £259.50 per week
St Andrews is a unique and captivating place, and the University is a key part of its charm. Seven centuries of history link the students with the town, leading to the ancient and yet modern institution apparent today. For those interested in visiting or moving to St Andrews, we recommend taking a look at the town information, which describes the facilities and opportunities open to the local community. You can also find information about the University’s governance, history, and strategy for the future in the sections below.
Through a period of apprenticeship and training, learn and develop the necessary skills, expertise and experience to provide assistance to the members of the IT Service Desk team and ultimately be able to fully perform the role of IT Service Desk Analyst.
Under the supervision and direction of the IT Service Desk Supervisor and other members of the IT Service Desk team, develop a full understanding and an ability to perform the key tasks and responsibilities of an IT Service Desk Analyst by:
- Working with others, develop skills to provide the customer interface to IT Services via counter services, telephone and electronic communications. Contribute to handling incidents, problem records and service requests; proactively seek resolutions for customers; deal with issues and complaints in a professional and calm manner.
- Learning how to provide first line technical support on all IT related matters aiming at resolving majority of incidents at first point of call using advanced diagnostic techniques, system administrator rights and remote control of desktops.
- Developing an understanding of how to delegate incident/service requests which cannot be resolved at first point of contact to the appropriate group, retaining ownership through to resolution.
- Communicating with users – keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Contributing to user support for core University hardware and software.
- Endeavouring to pursue continuous service improvement culture, contribute to, maintain and update procedures.
- Maintaining accurate records and reporting information on the level of faults and requests by logging all relevant incident/service request details and allocating categorization and prioritisation codes.
- Understanding how and when to escalate to the appropriate manager any incidents that require reporting for further escalation.
- Assisting others to provide staff and students with support for connecting their personal computers to the University network.
- Contributing to effective communication with all staff and students in the resolution of faults and requests.
- Assisting others to define and maintain knowledge data by amending and creating documents under the approval of the IT Service Desk Supervisor.
- Endeavouring to keep abreast of current and emerging hardware and software technologies.
- Assisting others to provide cover and technical support in other areas of IT support as required.
- Assisting in the conducting of customer/user satisfaction call-backs/surveys as part of the closure process applied to IT Service Desk calls.
- Maintaining a personal development programme as agreed with line manager.
Skills and Experience:
- Good communication skills
- Understand and know how to deliver a good customer service
- An interest and passion for IT
- The Chance to be part of an Award wining IT Apprenticeship scheme that has 100% achievement record.
- In addition the chance to work in one of the most recognisable Universities in the world.
- In the 2nd year there will be an increase in the wage to £13,520
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
12 total views, 2 today