Apprenticeship Apprentice IT/AV Support Technician
Apprentice IT/AV Support Technician
Salary: £180.00 per week
Closing Date: 2018-12-18
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00016374
We offer school and college leavers who are passionate about IT a challenging, rewarding and quick route into a successful IT career. We are actively recruiting for an Apprentice Service Desk Analyst at the company.
Job Details:Skills and Experience:
Under the supervision and direction of the Desktop Operations Supervisor and other members of the IT/AV teams, develop a full understanding and an ability to perform the key tasks and responsibilities of an IT/AV Support Technician by:
- Learning how to monitor the IT Call Management system for new incidents and service requests, processing based on priority and urgency.
- Learning how to and assisting others in the provision of 2nd line support of a wide range of desktop, laptop, mobile, printing, audio-visual, media and telephony technologies as well as standard software applications and corporate systems and services.
- Learning how to and assisting others in the provision of technical support for internal & external events and specialist teaching facilities.
- Helping others to efficiently and effectively resolve various IT/AV incidents and service requests e.g. hardware /software queries and AV faults in teaching spaces.
- Learning how to and assisting others to provide remote and in-person 2nd line support for IT/AV equipment and multimedia technologies in Learning and Teaching spaces, with a focus on a fast, efficient resolution.
- Learning how to promptly & appropriately escalate complex incidents which cannot be resolved to other team members and/or 3rd line support teams.
- Assisting in the provision of routine maintenance for all IT and AV equipment in Learning & Teaching spaces.
- Learning how to build, image and configure various PC and Mac hardware devices.
- Assisting in the support of effective delivery of client operating systems and various software applications for students and staff.
- Becoming familiar with and when required, participating in operational activities relating to the refresh of staff and student PCs and audio-visual technology.
- Learning how to ensure service and operational level agreements, service standards and agreed customer satisfaction levels are achieved by promptly dealing with IT/AV incidents and service requests.
- Helping to maintain a high degree of customer service for all support incidents & service requests and adhere to best practice IT Service Management principles.
- Learning how to contribute to procedural documentation to assist the Service Desk team with effective and efficient resolution of common incidents.
- By Liaising, communicating and collaborating with other colleagues within IT Services, learn how to and assist in providing a seamless customer journey.
- Maintaining a personal development programme as agreed with line manager.
• Good communication skills
• Understand and know how to deliver a good customer service
• An interest and enthusiasm for IT/AV
You must have at least 5 National 5 grades, qualifications must include Maths and English.
- 36.25hrs a week
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
183 total views, 1 today