Apprenticeship Accounts Payable Apprentice
Location: Craigforth, Stirling, FK9 4UE
Working Week: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm, 35 hrs per week
Salary: £313.79 per week
Closing Date: 2019-04-05
We are seeking a motivated and conscientious apprentice who is interested in working in Accounts Payable section of Finance Operations. The successful applicant will be involved in paying our external suppliers and internal expense claims and will get the opportunity to learn about many different other aspects of Accounts Payable, whilst having an opportunity to learn from other areas within Finance Operations.
About the Employer:
Working with M&GPrudential as an Accounts Payable Apprentice means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investments business.
M&GPrudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
As an Accounts Payable Apprentice, you will support the payment functions using a variety of different applications. You will be fully trained and supported to use each of these applications.
- Processing supplier invoice payments
- Working with our Purchase to Pay application. This will involve developing an understanding of the procurement process
- Processing personal expense claims
- Reconciliation of corporate credit card expense claims
- Managing accounts payable queries through a shared email box
- Supporting business projects
- Coordinating team meetings including minutes taking and actions tracking
- Providing ad hoc admin support to the team where required
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Basic understanding of MS Office (Word, Outlook)
- Good understanding of MS Excel
- Strong mathematical ability
- Ability to work in a diverse team
- Ability to build and develop relationships
- Problem-solving abilities coupled with intelligence, passion and a drive to learn
- The role would ideally be suited to a confident individual with a positive outlook and good attention to detail, a desire to learn and with an interest in a career in Finance.
- The successful applicant should enjoy working as part of a team and be able to manage their time effectively.
- The applicant would ideally have an inquisitive and can-do attitude, with an interest in process improvement
Our standard entry requirements apply: Scottish National 5’s with good grades in Maths and English (A-C) or relevant 2 years work experience.
Qualification you’ll achieve as part of your Apprenticeship:
Advanced Diploma in Accounting (AAT) at SCQF Level 6
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
57 total views, 4 today