Landbased Framework Details
LANTRA is the Sector Skills Council which supports skills and training for people and businesses in the land-based and environmental sector,
They cover 16 occupational areas grouped around:
- Land management and production
- Animal health and welfare
- Environmental industries.
Businesses in land-based engineering work with:
- Agricultural machinery (including tractors, combine harvesters, sprayers)
- Groundcare machinery (including garden, sports turf and local grounds maintenance machinery also known as ‘outdoor power equipment)
- Forestry machinery (including chainsaws and chippers)
- Fixed machinery (including grain/crop processing and milking equipment
- Construction machinery (including lift trucks and mini diggers).
LANTRA has developed a Modern Apprenticeship in Land-based Engineering at two different levels to support the skills needs of the sector in Scotland.
3234 total views, 5 today