Apprenticeship Volvo Technician Apprenticeship
Sales Support Consultant Apprentice with Prudential Plc
Hours of work: 39 Hours a week
Volvo truck and Bus are world leaders in innovation and technical excellence and are one of the world’s leading truck manufacturers. Volvo Truck and Bus are currently recruiting for high quality Apprentices to train as a Volvo Technician through the Volvo Technician Apprenticeship Programme which is considered as one of the best in the industry. Areas of responsibility include:
- To work with qualified and experienced Technicians learning how to repair and maintain modern trucks, buses and coaches including hybrid technology to the highest standards.
- You will be trained how to; repair, service and MOT cutting edge technology trucks, buses and luxury coaches including hybrid.
- Working alongside a qualified Technician learning how to carry out repairs according to Volvo procedures in a safe and responsible manner.
- Accompany Technicians on road tests
- Learn how to use computer aided diagnostic equipment and Volvo special tools, safely and efficiently.
- Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and with warranty material on completion of repair.
- Ensure that the company’s time recording procedures are complied with.
- Ensure job cards are completed accurately.
- Ensure all vehicle defects are reported to workshop supervisor.
- Attend college courses regularly and achieve the standards required by the course.
- Ensure your College portfolio and modules are completed within the required timescales
- Attend any technical or development training that is made available.
- Ensure you adhere to the Company Health and Safety policy and rules.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when required.
- To attain high levels of morale and focus to ensure the highest possible levels of productive efficiency, quality of workmanship and production finish in order to sustain growth in customer confidence in the service provided by the Dealer point.
- Assist with cleaning the workshop.
- Ensure that you conduct yourself in a business like and professional manner.
- To work within a team and ensure the highest levels of customer care and support is delivered in a flexible service environment.
- Ensure that your equipment, work area and tools are kept clean and maintained reflecting the Volvo Truck and Bus Centre image of an efficient and modern retail Dealer point.
- Able to effectively communicate at all levels both written and verbally.
- Able to adapt and take on new skills and challenges.
- Have a real interest in the retail motor industry
- Willing to provide an excellent service to our customers
- The right attitude, determination and commitment
- A desire to succeed at College and in the workplace.
Progression on a higher qualification and possible full time employment. Once qualified a competitive salary and ongoing technical training. Plus opportunities for career progression within Volvo Truck and Bus .
If you have the desire and passion to work in the motor industry, GCSE grades Grade D or above (or equivalent) or can demonstrate a reasonable level of knowledge in Maths, English and Science. This could be your first step to a fantastic future in Volvo Truck and Bus.
Additional Information for Scottish Vacancies
The Standard Grade/National Grade system is the Scottish equivalent of the GCSE. If you can demonstrate a reasonable level of knowledge in Maths, English and Science this could be your first step to a fantastic future in Volvo Truck and Bus. General (Grades 3 and 4) and Credit (Grades 1 and 2) would be advantageous for this position.
About the Employer
Volvo is a world leading manufacturer of premium trucks, buses and coaches at the cutting edge of technology. As part of our commitment to customer service we have an ongoing programme to recruit talented people with an interest in transport and engineering who we can develop via the Volvo apprenticeship programme and our own in house training school to become highly skilled Volvo Technicians. If you think you have the key skills, focus and commitment needed to meet our high expectations you can be assured that we will give every successful applicant all the support and training needed to be the best in the industry.
Training to be Provided
- Tech certificate – level 2
- Functional Skills Level 1 Maths and English
Learning Provider Description
Stephenson College ‘Excellent by Design’. Stephenson College has many years’ experience offering a wide and varied range of Apprenticeships. In fact we are one of the largest providers of Apprenticeship programmes in the Midlands. We are centrally located close to the MI/A42 and East Midlands Airport. The facilities are state-of-the-art and the workshops world class; we are a Centre of Vocational Excellence for both construction and motor vehicle training and have excellent links with employers both locally and nationally. Volvo, the Fire & Rescue Service, Lovell’s, DHL and East Midlands Airport are all among our customers. The college has knowledgeable and friendly staff who are here to support you. The college enjoys excellent success rates.
Important Other Information
The candidate/Student should be willing to live away from home in carefully vetted/selected Landlady/Landlord accommodation whilst attending college where the candidate will receive a warm and friendly welcome. Every effort is made to ensure there is continual support to those studying away from home.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
909 total views, 2 today