Apprenticeship Vehicle Panel Beater Apprenticeship
Vehicle Panel Beater Apprenticeship
‘DLG actively promotes a diverse and inclusive culture, with the aim of harnessing the unique talents of all of our people’
We are looking for Apprentices to join our Accident Repair Centres as Panel Technician apprentices in Glasgow (G73 1PP)
This apprenticeship program will enable you to be the next generation in Body Shop technicians to adapt to changing collision repair technologies. This is an exciting opportunity to earn while gaining a Level 3 nationally recognised qualification in Panel Beating.
You will learn the many techniques required for replacing and repairing new age steel, aluminium, plastics and carbon fibre body panels and structural components using state of the art equipment and tools.
DLG Auto Services are part of Direct Line Group and have been operating since 1995; we have grown to 19 sites covering most major cities, repairing around 70,000 accident damaged cars, every year. Our Body Shops have state of the art equipment and tooling and have all achieved the British Standard Kite mark for quality.
Upon completion of the apprenticeship, you will secure a permanent, full-time position – subject to your performance and completion of studies.
Salary and Hours
- 40 hours per week – shifts will be discussed at the interview stage
- Year 1: £4.60/hr (£9,568 per annum)
- Year 2: £8.45/hr (£17,576 per annum) – in line with National Living Wage
- Year 3: £8.45/hr (£17,576 per annum) – subject to National Living Wage
- 22 days holiday entitlement a year (plus 8 bank holidays)
Upcoming start date:
August 20 2018
Our application process has been designed to make joining us as smooth a transition as possible, it not only provides us with the information we need to decide whether you’re the right person for the job, but also to make sure we’re right for you. Get more details on our application process here.
- Step 1: Quick online application – During your online application, we’ll be gathering information about you and will take less than 30 minutes. You can save your application and come back to it if you don’t have time but please make sure you complete your application within 14 days.
- Step 2: Online assessment – Once a member of our Recruitment Team has reviewed your application and you’ve passed the eligibility screen, you will be invited to complete an online Maths and English assessment. This should take no more than 30 minutes, and is designed to capture your Maths and English skills.
- Step 3: Telephone interview – The telephone interview is just a short 15 minute conversation with a member of our resourcing team, for them to get a feel for why you’ve applied for the role and the skills you have to do it well.
- Step 4: Assessment Centre- This is a chance for you to come in for a face-to-face meeting and group exercise to find out more about Direct Line Group and the role you have applied for, as well seeing the office you’ve applied to work in.
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts – a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation’s best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Where can I find out more?
You can find out more by calling the Recruitment Team on 0345 877 6309 or by emailing us at DLGApprenticeshipRecruitment@directlinegroup.co.uk.
Please also contact us if you consider yourself to have a disability that requires an adjustment to help facilitate your application, interview or the joining process.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
837 total views, 3 today