Apprenticeship Trainee Finance Assistant Apprenticeship
Looking to begin a career in finance? Full training is provided within Annandale’s apprenticeship scheme which will allow you to work within a finance role whilst working towards an industry recognised qualification.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and pro-active individual to join Annandale Distillery (based in Annan, Dumfries & Galloway) on an apprenticeship scheme as a Trainee Finance Assistant. You will be joining a team who are motivated and passionate in making Annandale Distillery a whisky destination of excellence.
Annandale Distillery boasts a rich history of traditional whisky production dating back to 1836, making it one of Scotland’s oldest distilleries. From 1895 it was owned by the world famous Johnnie Walker whisky company until its closure in 1918. Annandale Distillery has now been reborn – in November 2014 it started producing Scotch whisky once again. Never before has a distillery reopened after such a long closure, making Annandale extremely unique.
As Trainee Finance Assistant, you will be the finance representative at the Distillery and will work collaboratively with the finance team (based off-site at the head office) to streamline and implement processes as well as deal with other more general administrative duties relating to the general business needs of the Distillery. You will study towards an industry recognised qualification, alongside your normal job role.
Responsibilities will involve:
- Managing all aspects of the stock-taking procedures including; completing the monthly stock take, investigating discrepancies and calculating / entering new stock values.
- Monthly sales reconciliation (correcting unreconciled differences, ongoing checks and adjustments)
- Assisting staff with general cash or banking procedures; identifying discrepancies to ensure accuracy of the till monthly sales values, daily till checks & counting cash, providing training on cash procedures.
- Assisting staff with completing tax forms in relation to whisky production.
- Working with the finance team to track invoicing and payment for casks and keeping internal systems updated.
- Submitting staff payroll information; implementing and maintaining relevant procedures to ensure accuracy and ensuring any new starter information is relayed to the relevant parties.
- Working with the finance team on purchase ledger items including checking invoices, raising purchase orders and investigating related queries.
- Assisting staff with any finance related matters.
Experience within a retail or finance environment would be beneficial although not essential as full training will be provided. Organised, with strong communication skills, the ideal candidate will be self-motivated with the ability to work both within a team and independently. The role will require someone with a strong desire to learn and someone with a practical, hands on approach. While support will be given from Finance the ultimate goal is to make this role self-sufficient in day to day responsibilities. Core hours will be Monday – Friday, although candidates should be flexible for occasional weekend work as required.
Annandale Distillery is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
How to ApplyIf you would like to join the team, please apply with a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this Job
668 total views, 2 today