Apprenticeship Software Tester Apprentice
Software Tester Apprentice
Salary: £154.00 – £192.40 per week
Closing Date: 2017-10-05
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00012049
QA Apprenticeships are delighted to be working in partnership with Inforgen, a leading software firm who specialise in web-based business management software for both SME and blue chip companies across the UK and Europe.
Do you dream of a job with exciting career prospects in IT? Do you want to work at the forefront of web-based technology? Are you passionate about software? If you answered yes to all of these, then we may just have the job for you!
Join our Team – Leading the Way in Innovation
At Inforgen, we build and host complex ERP SaaS solutions and end-customer e-commerce websites for our clients on a Microsoft Server base, as well as managing outsourced IT infrastructure for local businesses.
We’re a software company that’s grown in reputation since 2000, with SME and blue chip clients across the UK and Europe. We know that our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in the professionalism and passion our teams bring to their work every day.
We offer an open, friendly culture, where high quality work and innovation is recognised. We believe in the potential and value of every employee and in supporting that potential, we nurture success for the entire company.
We are looking for bright, highly motivated software tester to join our expanding team. The successful candidate will help our development team to maintain our reputation for high client satisfaction. The Inforgen team prides themselves on the dedication of their teams, and constantly strive to provide the very best software solutions and professional services to their clients.
The Software Tester Apprentice role is an incredible opportunity for a very IT orientated apprentice to work as part of a cross functional project implementation team who review the development output to ensure that it meets the end clients required specification.
The Apprentice will play an integral part of the development team and be involved at all stages of the project.
We’ve got big ambitions for Inforgen software and we hope you can help. We’re looking for talented apprentices to join our growing teams in Peebles.
If you’re a budding professional who thrives in a customer-facing environment and who wants a fulfilling career, promising future, and a challenging role working in a dynamic industry, we would love to hear from you.
The key responsibilities of the Software Tester Apprentice as follows:
- Ensuring software is documented and tested
- Participating in problem identification, requirements gathering and solution design
- Executing, editing and reporting against test cases and scripts
- Performing web testing
- Recording and monitoring defects
- Liaising with the Development Team to verify issues that may arise during testing
- Liaising with Developers on resolution and re-test
- Ensuring that all defined quality procedures are followed throughout the life-cycle of a project
- Creating and executing test plans for each product or project
Qualities/ essential requirements
- We are looking for an apprentice who lives, breathes and eats all things IT
- Someone who is looking for a fantastic beginning within the software industry
- Someone who is organised, has a strong work ethic, first rate interpersonal skills and who excels in a team environment would be the perfect fit for our client
- If you can prioritise, are a self-starter and are keen to learn new skills, then this is the company and apprenticeship for you
Someone with 5 standards (Level 1 – 3) OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications including Maths and English would be ideal
Other Important Information
Working days/hours: Monday till Friday, 8.30am – 5.30pm
Salary – £8,000 – £10,000 starting salary depending on qualifications and experience
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
191 total views, 2 today