Apprenticeship Software Delivery Apprentice
Software Delivery Apprentice
Salary: £228.00 per week
Closing Date: 2018-01-21
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00013351
A non-profit making Government-owned organisation set up in 1989 to provide loans and grants to students in universities and colleges in the UK.
Our client is responsible, in partnership with Local Authorities in England and Wales, the Student Awards Agency for Scotland, the Education and Library boards in Northern Ireland, the Higher Education Institutions and HM Revenue & Customs, for student support delivery in the UK.
They enable their customers to invest in their futures by delivering secure, accurate and efficient assessment, payment and repayment services. Their vision is to be valued as a digital, customer-focused, centre of excellence.
The Core Systems department is responsible for the development and maintenance of a number of IT products and services that supports SLC’s business.
Our apprentice programme is a unique opportunity that gives a broad introduction to our ITS teams through a development plan that will allow you to gain valuable knowledge and experience in a fast moving IT department.
This opportunity would enable the individual to gain skills and experience in the following roles – Business Systems Analyst, Analyst Programmer and System Tester.
• Participate and meet targets set on the personal development plan of the program.
• Prepare documents for internal and external use to agreed standards.
• Complete works assigned to you in a timely manner and escalate any issues to your delivery manager.
- Enthusiastic about a successful career in IT and can learn new skills quickly
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- A minimum of 5 National 5’s including Maths and & English, with computing desirable.
- Ability to work in a team and be a team player
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Brings new thinking and ideas to the teams
- Plan and prioritise workload
- Awareness of confidentiality and data protection regulations
- Ability to be proactive and use initiative
Someone with 5 standards (Level 1 – 3) OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications including Maths and English would be ideal
Other Important Information
You are working in a fast moving and dynamic company with the opportunity to develop IT skills in the course of your apprentice programme and through specific training helping to develop your confidence.
If you successfully complete your first year, there are opportunities to progress onto our Level 8 Technical Modern Apprenticeship for a further 12 months supporting our aim to develop a new generation of Information Technology Analyst’s for SLC.
- Generous annual leave – 28 days annual leave and 8 days public leave (pro rata)
- Flexi-time scheme
- Employee assistance programme offering free access to a wide range of specialist support and information
- Access to a wide range of specially negotiated high street discount
Daily working hours: Mon – Fri, 9am – 5.30pm
Salary: Year 1 £11,862 rising to £14,827 if progression to our year 2 programme is confirmed.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
31 total views, 3 today