Apprenticeship Software and Web Development Apprentice
Software and Web Development Apprentice
Salary: £259.50 per week
Closing Date: 2017-06-06
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00010686
Multi National organisation has a requirement for an Apprentice to be based at our flagship office in Glasgow. Working as part of the internal recruitment function. You will play a valuable part in delivering ambitious growth plans.
Responsibilities of the Software and Web Development Apprentice:
- Dynamic individual with excellent software development skills, flexibility, attention to detail and a proven ability to grasp new concepts and processes;
- To design, develop and test software systems to support both experimental activities and product development.
- You will be responsible for delivery, reporting and presentation of technical work and writing and submitting any necessary documentation.
- Continuous improvement and maintenance of IT systems to support business and software development.
- General tasks related to business delivery (e.g. contributions to experimental procedures).
- Attend site visits to install or upgrade technology stack.
- It is not expected that all of these tasks will be undertaken each week, however, the list is meant to represent tasks that are expected within the hours worked.
Requirements of the Software and Web Development Apprentice:
- Experience of working in an office environment
- You should demonstrate a willingness to exceed targets and grow with the business.
- You will have the confidence and personality to collaborate closely with your colleagues.
- Proven attention to detail & advanced IT skills.
Apprenticeships and Vendor qualifications gained:
Our training programme is designed to provide you with real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform you into a highly-skilled IT Apprentice (all debt free!)Our apprenticeships blends on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning which will teach you a range of new skills including:
Fundamental Programming and IT System
What qualifications will you gain?
SCQF 6 Qualifications (Equivalent To Working At Advanced Higher/HNC Level), SQA SCQF 6 Diploma In ICT and Telecommunication Professional
Vendor qualifications – C# TRACK, MTA Software Development Fundamentals (Exam Optional Cost), JAVA TRACK, Oracle Certified Associate (OCA), Java SE 7 Programmer (Exam Optional Cost), OPEN SOURCE TRACK, Open Source Web Development (No Exam), PHP Fundamentals and SQL (NO EXAM), Advanced PHP, WordPress and Magento (No Exam)
SCQF 8 Qualifications (Equivalent To Second Year Of Degree Study), SQA SCQF 8 Diploma In ICT And Telecommunication Professional
16 – 24 month Higher IT apprenticeship (with opportunity to step off after Part 1* if you find that the training/role isn’t for you)- * If you choose to step off, you would still gain SCQF 6 qualifications equivalent to working at advanced higher/HNC level.
Salary & Benefits:
- Gaining a qualification whilst learning different skills on the job.
- new job title
- salary increase
- £13,500 per annum
- Monday – Friday, 9:00 – 17:30 with opportunity for early finish on Friday
How to Apply
236 total views, 4 today