Apprenticeship Receptionist/Administrator Apprentice
Salary: £0.00 per week
Closing Date: 2017-10-04
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00012810
Our client is a multi-skilled organisation operating in the construction, asset management and project investment sectors offering services to a diverse range of clients in the UK and Ireland.
Their business is focused on building and maintaining the infrastructure we all rely on in everyday life. They win work through positive personal relationships, understanding client needs and priorities, being innovative in the solutions we develop and delivering what and when we promise.
As our clients business continues to grow, they are seeking to employ a confident and hardworking individual to join them as a front of house receptionist in their offices in Edinburgh.
The Receptionist will be responsible for meeting and greeting all visitor and supporting the construction team with clerical duties.
• Create a welcoming environment by providing exceptional customer service to all visitors
• Greet visitors, take messages, give information and offer refreshments
• Answer the switchboard, transfer caller through to the person they want to speak to and take messages
• Take deliveries and sign for them then notify the person that their delivery has been received
• Book meeting rooms using in-house system and management of hospitality for meetings as required
• Keep the reception area tidy and well organised at all times
• Organise couriers and deliveries, as and when required
• Provide clerical support to staff in the Construction team including typing, word processing, photocopying, data-entry, filing and post duties
• Be amenable to undertake overtime when required
• Undertake any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Effective Communication skills: Able to adapt communication to audience and create effective written documents and reports. Able to develop, maintain and manage relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
Productivity: Focuses time and resources on activities that will yield the greatest benefit; Gets work done within a given time frame; Sets realistic personal goals and work plans that are consistent with the business needs and strategies of the unit; Works effectively under pressure – balances multiple objectives has good attention to detail.
Problem Solving: Looks objectively at every side of an idea or situation to ensure that all outcomes are thoroughly assessed before deciding on an appropriate course of action.
Initiative: Able to work alone to get results in an effective way but is aware when assistance is required to adhere to deadlines.
Team Player: Always willing to be involved in other activities to achieve objectives. Works collaboratively and uses influence to gain resolution of issues. Demonstrates honesty, loyalty and commitment.
Adaptability: Able to manage change and remain flexible to individual situations. Changes the overall plan, goal or project to fit the situation.
Excellent telephone manner, with strong communication and interpersonal skills
Strong IT skills to include Microsoft Office suite
Ability to work on own initiative
Excellent organisational and planning skills
S/NVQ Level 2 Administration or equivalent.
Experience of the Construction industry.
Hold an up to date First Aid Certificate.
Someone with 5 standards (Level 1 – 3) OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications including Maths and English would be ideal
Other Important Information
Daily working hours: 8.30am – 5pm, Mon – Fri. Meets national minimum wage.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
138 total views, 5 today