Apprenticeship Modern Apprentice – Marketing & Communications Assistant, School of Divinity
Modern Apprentice – Marketing & Communications Assistant, School of Divinity
Salary: £316.50 per week
Closing Date: 2019-05-26
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00017992
Fantastic apprenticeship opportunities available at the University of Edinburgh. You can finish all your exams in school, secure your dream apprenticeship role and start employment at a world-renowned University
This is an exciting opportunity to become a valued member of the CAHSS Digital Innovation Team based in the University of Edinburgh’s Central Area campus. The Digital Innovation Team members work closely together to deliver projects and services from their offices overlooking George Square and consist of talented full-stack developers, digital designers, UX and marketing experts, content managers, multimedia producers, and project managers. There will be a lead line manager throughout the placement.
To maintain our reputation as one of the world’s leading universities, we recruit the best people to a variety of support, professional and academic roles each year. We offer an exciting, positive, creative, challenging and rewarding place to work. We give you support, nurture your talent, develop and reward success and integrate professional and personal career goals, as well as give your career the benefit of a great and distinguished reputation. In addition, our employees benefit from a competitive reward package and a wide range of staff benefits, which include generous holiday entitlement, a defined benefits pension scheme, staff discounts and much more.
The Digital Innovation Team supports the College of Arts Humanities and Social Sciences (CAHSS) and its 12 Schools to deliver digital solutions and manage a catalogue of digital services that promote first-class teaching and research across a very wide range of academic disciplines. You will work as part of a supportive, diverse and busy digital team.
We are a small team of 12 and as such, you will have the opportunity to work closely with all colleagues and gain a broad understanding of School’s Professional Services function and how this fits into the wider work of the University.
New College will be celebrating its 175th Anniversary in 2021 and the School of Divinity is planning a year-long calendar of events and activities to highlight the work of the School and celebrate the successes of its students, former students (alumni) and staff.
You will be line-managed and work closely with the School’s Communications & Content Officer and with the University’s central marketing team to pull together a calendar of events and to strengthen relationships with our former students in the run-up to the anniversary.
This post will require training on a number of systems including EdWeb (the University’s content management system) and Eventbrite.
The School Office is located on the ground floor of the School of Divinity, with access to our own kitchen.
A typical day would start at 9.00am and end at 5pm with an hour break for lunch. The tasks you might be involved in would include:
- Greeting students and visitors to the School and directing enquiries to the right person
- Helping to organise a wide range of 175th Anniversary events for students, staff and alumni
- Draft social media posts, web pages, newsletters, digital screen notices, to promote School and University news, events and activities
- Draft and post event information in Eventbrite if required, and manage attendance lists
- Source photographs to illustrate specific articles on the School’s website and social media, either through liaison with academic staff, or from photo libraries, or by taking photographs of staff / students at events
- Produce posters for academic events, and notices for digital screens, using approved templates
- Potential to film and edit short video clip interviews with students and staff
- Data management using spreadsheets
What will I learn?
- You will gain interpersonal skills through corresponding and communicating with various members of staff (academic and professional services), students and alumni, via emails, telephone and face-to-face interaction.
- You will learn about the marketing & communications and alumni relations functions within the School and University
- Gain and develop customer service skills.
- Learn to work accurately and methodically with attention to detail.
- You will build confidence in using your initiative within a team environment, and develop problem-solving skills.
- Gain confidence using digital communications tools.
- Gain confidence and experience using Word, Excel and other Microsoft Office systems in a professional environment.
You will take an SQA Diploma in Creative & Digital Marketing, at SCQF level 6. You will be able to take a wide range of courses from levels 5-7, to achieve 65 Credits.
- We are looking for an individual who is proactive, friendly, flexible and understands the importance of team work.
- Enthusiastic, willing to learn, punctual, reliable, committed and self-motivated with great attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to follow instructions, think logically and pass on information in a clear concise manner, written and verbally
- Good writing and literacy skills
- A professional and sensitive approach to dealing with confidential documents.
- A working understanding of Word and Excel
- An interest in marketing, event, social media and digital communications.
- A willingness to participate in a Modern Apprentice programme
- School education to National 5, or equivalent, with English and Maths
- 37 hours per week
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
34 total views, 4 today