Apprenticeship Mechanical Engineering Apprentice
Mechanical Engineering Apprentice
Company: Aggregate Industries Uk Ltd
Weekly wage: £201.92
Brief overview of the role
Aggregate Industries are offering a 4 year Advanced Engineering Apprenticeship in 2 trades, Electrical and Mechanical.
Aggregate Industries Engineering Apprenticeship offers numerous structured development paths in one of the following areas: Asphalt, Aggregates, Cement, Concrete, Contracting and Technical. During the Apprenticeship you will complete a Level 3 NVQ Extended Diploma in Engineering Maintenance (QCF) at Stephenson’s College, but the learning doesn’t stop there. Throughout the apprenticeship you are given the opportunity to expand your skill set by attending various courses organised by the Company’s central Learning and Development Team.
Whilst on site you will be given a tailored training plan to work through and are supported by both your allocated Mentor and your Manager. On a day to day basis you will be given greater exposure to your division and the roles of your team members. Our overarching Company value is Health and Safety and to assist you in understanding the underlying concepts of this value, we require our apprentices to complete an NVQ Level 4 in Health, Safety and Environment.
- To successfully complete the Stephenson College Engineering Apprenticeship Scheme, to include all elements of the Advanced Apprenticeship Framework relevant to the chosen engineering discipline and to develop within their own Apprenticeship Development Plan.
- To learn the principles of engineering both academic and practical. To repair and maintain electrical & mechanical equipment.
- To follow all relevant Company, Health and Safety & Quality procedures and processes.
- Maintain and repair machinery and buildings safely and effectively
- Install/alter and repair electrical distribution and cabling
- Preventative maintenance tasks as per schedule
- Assist works managers with engineering/electrical problems at their sites.
- Report any unsafe plant or operations to line manager, make safe were possible.
- Comply with Health and safety requirements
- Comply with PPE requirements
As an employer we are fully committed to developing young people through our business. We currently have over 150 apprentices and graduates, working towards their ultimate career goals and achieving great success.
- Good standard of English Language and numerical skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to create innovative solutions to problems that may arise on a daily basis
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Desire to work in our industry in a technical role (essential)
- Drive and determination to succeed
- Independent minded
- Team player
- Eligibility to work permanently in the UK
We recruit from a range of academic disciplines, candidates that have a particular interest in technically orientated subjects. However, we are also interested in the student behind the qualification, so if you have excellent interpersonal skills, and can demonstrate the drive and determination to succeed, then we look forward to receiving your application.
5 x GCSE’s grade A*- C to include Mathematics, English Language and Science or equivalent
The primary objective of the programme is to develop skilled and competent Engineers but there is the expectation that many will have the potential to progress to managerial level within the business, using their acquired engineering knowledge and skills to underpin their operational training and development into a managerial role.
Questions for candidates
What attracts you to an Engineering Apprenticeship?
Why do you want to work for Aggregate Industries?
About the employer
Aggregate Industries are a major player in the production and supply of construction and infrastructure materials to the UK and European markets. We are part of the Lafarge Holcim group, a global company employing some 150,000 people, with production sites in around 90 countries. With a market presence on every continent, Lafarge Holcim is more globally spread than any other building materials group.
How to ApplyTo apply please attach your CV and Cover Letter to an email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject marked as: "Mechanical Engineering Apprentice - Aggregate Industries Uk"
Apply for this Job
3161 total views, 1 today