Apprenticeship Maintenance Mechanical Engineer Apprenticeship
Maintenance Mechanical Engineer Apprenticeship
Paid hours per week: 40
Expected duration: 4 Years
About the employer
Aggregate Industries, part of the global LafargeHolcim Group, is a leading supplier of sustainable construction materials to building and construction customers. With over 4,000 employees across the UK and Northern Europe, we’re committed to helping create a better built environment.
Some of our previous and current major projects within the UK include; Birmingham International Airport, The Kelpies (Scotland), M1 Widening (J25 – J28), The Shard (London), Battersea Power Plant (London).
We offer a 4 year tailored Maintenance Mechanical Engineer Apprenticeship; this will give apprentices an opportunity to learn how to maintain and operate equipment and machinery to become the Team Leaders of the future.
Do you have a desire to work in a technical role and enjoy ‘learning by doing’; this could be the Apprenticeship for you! You will gain a BTEC Level 3 and NVQ Level 3 Diploma whilst acquiring real work experience and career prospects in the construction industry.
Short description of the role
Our Maintenance Mechanical Engineer Apprenticeship offers you a diverse and exciting experience within the Construction Industry. Over 4 years you will build the knowledge and skills required to develop a rewarding career in either an operational, commercial or office capacity.
Aggregate Industries Maintenance Mechanical Engineer Apprenticeship offers a great opportunity to develop an understanding of Maintenance techniques and procedures, you will learn to;
- To provide competent practical skills to ensure all property services, systems, fixtures and fittings are maintained in perfect working condition and to ensure all defects are corrected promptly.
- To report any defects requiring further materials or skills to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- To carry out and monitor the effectiveness of planned preventative maintenance schedules / servicing and the systematic checking of all areas, services, systems, fixtures and fittings against pre-set criteria
- To be aware of and implement all company and statutory legal requirements including Fire, Health; Safety, Hygiene and Electricity At Work.
- To follow all company guidelines pertaining to Safe Systems of Work.
- To liaise and communicate effectively with all contract labour ensuring service visits are recorded and that satisfactory standards of work are achieved.
- To maintain satisfactory levels of materials and spares to allow immediate repair to faults and provision for the Planned Preventative Maintenance Programme.
You will be working on bearing changes, pumps, hydraulics and pneumatics and during the course of the apprenticeship you will develop mechanical and engineering skills and develop strong functional and operating procedures. During the Apprenticeship you will complete a training provider to add full details but the learning doesn’t stop there. Throughout the apprenticeship you are given the opportunity to expand your skill set by attending various courses organised by the Company’s central Learning and Development Team.
Whilst on site you will be given a tailored training plan to work through and are supported by both your allocated Mentor and your Manager. On a day to day basis you will be given greater exposure to your division and the roles of your team members. Our overarching Company value is Health and Safety and
As an employer we are fully committed to developing young people through our business. We currently have over 150 apprentices and graduates, working towards their ultimate career goals and achieving great success.
– Good standard of English Language and numerical skills.
– Ability to communicate at all levels and good interpersonal skills.
5 GCSE’s Grade A*- C including Mathematics, English Language and Science. We recruit from a range of academic disciplines and have particular interest in technically orientated and business related subjects.
After completion of the 4 year Maintenance Mechanical Engineer Apprenticeship, there are a number of options you may choose to pursue including:
– A career in an Operational Team Leader role.
– Or, given the size and scope of our Company, an exciting career in another division/department.
– Desire to work in our industry
– Desire to work in our industry
– Ability to create innovative solutions to problems that may arise on a daily basis
– Strong organisational and time management skills
– Ability to work as part of a team using own initiative
Extra questions you’d like to ask candidates
– Do you have the right to work in the UK?
– Do you have the required Qualifications for the role?
How to ApplyTo apply please attach your CV and Cover Letter to an email email@example.com with the subject marked as: "Maintenance Mechanical Engineer Apprenticeship - Aggregate Industries Uk"
1275 total views, 11 today