Apprenticeship IT Tech Support Apprentice
IT Tech Support Apprentice
Salary: £296.62 per week
Closing Date: 2018-01-07
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00013199
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual to work for one of the top rated Universities within the UK, and start a career in IT. Apply today and don’t delay!
You will be working for…
The University of Edinburgh, promoting excellence in teaching and research. Over 500 degree courses. One of the UK’s top rated research universities.
Be part of QA’s 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK’s tech explosion!
The University of Edinburgh founded in 1582, is the sixth oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s ancient universities. The university is deeply embedded in the fabric of the city of Edinburgh, with many of the buildings in the historic Old Town belonging to the university. As this is Part of the Midlothian Deal candidates from in the Midlothian Postcode catchments will only be considered for this role.
To help deliver IT support for the use of a wide range of IS and IT services used by the staff, students and visitors of the University of Edinburgh (UoE) based on or associated with the Easter Bush Campus.
1. Staffing the 2nd line helpline; under supervision and with direction, passing 2nd line calls to local IS and other appropriate IS teams to satisfy effective call escalation. Answer phone calls on the emergency Audio Visual and Teaching line, progressing prognosis with guidance from mentors in order to promptly resolve priority stop-work situations.
2. With mentoring, detect and resolve routine technical problems and install software on client PC’s in order to maintain operational support standards.
3. With supervision, conduct preventative maintenance and associated logging of issues with IT and Audio Visual equipment to help maintain required levels of service availability.
4. Under instruction, install and configure University owned computers and IT peripherals in order to maintain a working estate of IT equipment.
5. Completion of two training modules delivered by QA Ltd as part of working towards Microsoft Certified Professional Status.
6. Learn how to use the IT tools and techniques required to fulfil the main duties and responsibilities of IT professionals in the workplace.
7. Responsible for backup media rotation and monitoring and reporting of IT room environment to fulfil routine IT maintenance requirements.
8. Assist in the delivery of inductions for staff, students and visitors, and with the upkeep of associated induction material to help the local IS team achieve effective participation in Campus wide induction programmes.
• Familiarity with computer equipment and basics concepts.
• Reliable and able to adapt and cope with new situations or change.
• Willingness to learn and open to new challenges.
• Interpersonal and communications skills to deal with students, staff and visitors.
Someone with 5 standards (Level 1 – 3) OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications including Maths and English would be ideal
Other Important Information
Daily working hours: Mon – Fri, 9am – 5pm, £15,421
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
84 total views, 1 today