Apprenticeship IT Support Engineer Apprentice
IT Support Engineer Apprentice
Salary: £192.15 – £230.65 per week
Closing Date: 2017-06-05
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00010668
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting and vibrant environment. Here, you get to earn and learn. Apply now!
You will be working for…
A company that has been established since 1994, who are set up to provide building services maintenance, repair and refurbishment to the commercial and industrial sectors 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
The company now has strategic offices and Service Centres throughout the length & breadth of the UK and employ over 250 people.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a young person to join an experienced IT team and develop their skills and career with a great support structure.
Be part of QA’s 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK’s tech explosion!
Responsibilities of the Apprentice – In this role, you will:
Help support staff with IT issues both personally and via telephone, – to specify and help produce reports and assist in updating information systems
Assist in developing user training programs
Help design online reporting
Assist to develop user friendly reports from the system database
Provide network and email administration as well as troubleshooting user issues
Requirements of the Apprentice
You will ideally have:
Knowledge of IT systems and some experience of practical repair techniques
Some understanding of computer networking
Basic understanding of TCPIP, firewalls and routing – full training will be given
Knowledge of network and email administration
Knowledge of mainstream PC applications
Good problem solving skills
Knowledge of Visual Basic (beneficial but not necessary)
An interest in mobile phone technologies
An understanding of accounts procedures
Enthusiasm, IT literate knowledge/skills, strong numeracy skills and the ability to multi-task
The ability to work under instruction
A willingness to learn, strong communication skills and a passion for IT
5 standards (Level 1 – 3) OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications including Maths and English
Training available for the Apprentice
Are you a bit of a problem-solver? Eager to take your technology knowledge to the next level?
Our training programme is designed to provide you with real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform you into a highly-skilled IT Apprentice (all debt free!)Our apprenticeships blends on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning which will teach you a range of new skills including:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Cloud Technologies
- Support BYOD
- Microsoft Windows 7/8.1 and Other Client Operating Systems
- Mobility Solutions such as Microsoft Intune
- Securing Devices and Networks
What qualifications will you gain?
- SCQF 6 Qualifications (Equivalent To Working At Advanced Higher/HNC Level), SCQF 6 Qualifications (Equivalent To Working At Advanced Higher/HNC Level)
- Vendor qualifications – Installing And Configuring Windows 7 Client (Exam Optional – Only One Exam Included*), Upgrading Your Skills To MCSA Windows 8 (Exam Optional – Only One Exam Included*), Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices ICND1 (Exam Optional Cost), Microsoft IT Security Fundamentals (no exam), Installing and configuring Windows server 2012 (exam optional cost), Server Virtualization With Windows Server HYPER-V and System Center (Exam Optional Cost), Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices ICND2 (Exam Optional Cost), *Apprentices can choose to take an exam in one of these courses. If they wish to do the exam for both, speak to your QA apprenticeships account manager for more information and costs
- SCQF 8 Qualifications (Equivalent To Second Year Of Degree Study), SQA SCQF 8 Diploma in ICT and Telecommunication Professional
Programme duration: 16 – 24 month Higher IT apprenticeship (with opportunity to step off after Part 1* if you find that the training/role isn’t for you) – * If you choose to step off, you would still gain SCQF 6 qualifications equivalent to working at advanced higher/HNC level.
The role is 35hrs per week – Monday to Friday – 9am – 5pm
Full internal training will be given alongside Apprenticeship qualifications
You will have the opportunity to gain career progression and a higher salary upon completion
You will gain a permanent role at end of apprenticeship
How to Apply
277 total views, 3 today