Apprenticeship IT Support Apprentice
IT Support Apprentice
Salary: £153.75 per week
Closing Date: 2018-10-17
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00015834
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting and vibrant environment. Here, you get to earn and learn. Apply now!
You will be working for…
A well-established and independent provider of IT infrastructure services based in Glasgow, providing Consultancy, Service and Support to our customers throughout the UK and Europe.
Established in 1998, they have the depth of experience and expertise to ensure they can address their customers Information Technology requirements with confidence and a level of professionalism allowing their clients the assurances they expect.
The business also offers an extensive range of impartial consultancy services, network support, training, project management, solution development and testing. They supply, install and support the industry leading networking solutions providers and security management products.
Be part of QA’s 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK’s tech explosion!
As an IT Apprentice you will be assisting on many duties and projects. This will be a hands on role and at times a fast paced environment. The apprentice will be expected to do the following initially with the help from the team:
- Providing 1st line helpdesk support to clients by assisting in answering and logging IT service requests received via phone, web-logged calls or email
- Carrying out IT maintenance tasks on client systems
- Monitoring client systems
- Carrying out basic troubleshooting/diagnostic/repairs on IT systems
- Proactively deal with case management
- Help resolve general IT issues
- Driver Required as apprentice will have to travel off site at times (will consider learners)
- A genuine passion for IT
- A keen interest in IT maintenance and computer support
- A knowledge of Microsoft programmes would be desirable
- A strong desire for learning and personal development
- Good communication (verbal and written) skills
- Willingness to learn
- Driving license required
You must have at least 5 National 5 grades, qualifications must include Maths and English.
- Monday – Friday
- 9.00am – 5.00pm
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
99 total views, 1 today