Apprenticeship IT Support Apprentice
IT Support Apprentice
Salary: £192.38 – £230.62 per week
Closing Date: 2018-02-18
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00013611
Are you passionate about IT? Are you looking for an apprenticeship which will allow you to learn new technology as well as apply that in every day working life? Are you always helping around the house with technology? Then we would like to hear from you.
We are currently seeking hard working, energetic young people who are serious about a career in IT to undertake a 2 year Apprenticeship with Large Enterprise’s IT & Tech division.
The opportunity to join a Large Enterprise who work across and service across multiple sectors and have been dynamic and forward thinking for over 60 years.
A company who support their young people in maximising their opportunities for development in both apprenticeships and further industry learning.
- Providing general 1st Line Network support to users throughout the UK
- Assisting with administering systems
- Working as part of a team within a busy IT support helpdesk environment.
- Carrying out basic troubleshooting/diagnostic/repairs on IT systems
- Answering telephone calls for assistance and responding to emails. This will include picking up requests and self-allocating them or escalating them to a senior colleague
- Diagnosing and solving a wide range of hardware and software problems with relation to servers, desktop computers, laptops, printers, etc.
- Providing remote support to computer users
- Providing on-site support on occasions
- Building and configuration of new PCs
- Install and configure computer hardware, operating systems and applications
- Dealing with administration of User and computer accounts
- Assisting other officers in IT project work
- Strong basic understanding of IT
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Passionate about all things Tech
- Ability to function in a self-directed environment
- Ability to multi task and work to own initiative
- Innovative thinker who is positive, proactive and readily embraces change
- Good level of customer services skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- You must have at least 5 National 5 grades, both qualifications must include Maths and English.
Beneficial & Future Prospects
- Potential for permanent role after completion of apprenticeship
- Higher Salary
- Further industry qualifications
- Company benefits
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
59 total views, 12 today