Apprenticeship IT Support Apprentice
IT Support Apprentice
Salary: £192.15 per week
Closing Date: 2017-05-28
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00010601
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting and vibrant environment. Here, you get to earn and learn. Apply now!
You will be working for…
A young and exciting social enterprise that offers a premium service to their customers across a number of different disciplines. They recognise the qualities of the young workforce and support them through training and development so they can succeed in their chosen career path. They operate with a very co-operative working relationship so encourage support and guidance as they are all eager to learn from each other to improve themselves.
Be part of QA’s 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK’s tech explosion!
Responsibilities of the Apprentice
Offering 1st line technical support to our customers
Focusing on the management and support of their Cloud services, along with remote basic desktop and network support
Working with an experienced mentor who will supervise your development alongside an Assessor from QA Apprenticeships
Also, whilst the work will predominately be carried out remotely, there will be a requirement for the Apprentice to do some managed delivery on-site with customers
Requirements of the Apprentice
You will have:
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
An adaptable and flexible approach to work
A willingness and ability to work as a member of a team
Good time management skills
A genuine interest in IT and Technology
An interest/is looking to gain experience and a long term career in the IT industry
A willingness and eagerness to learn and work towards professional industry certifications
5 standards (Level 1 – 3) OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications including Maths and English
Training available for the Apprentice
Are you a bit of a problem-solver? Eager to take your technology knowledge to the next level?
Our training programme is designed to provide you with real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform you into a highly-skilled IT Apprentice (all debt free!)Our apprenticeships blends on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning which will teach you a range of new skills including:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Cloud Technologies
- Support BYOD
- Microsoft Windows 7/8.1 and Other Client Operating Systems
- Mobility Solutions such as Microsoft Intune
- Securing Devices and Networks
What qualifications will you gain?
- SCQF 6 Qualifications (Equivalent To Working At Advanced Higher/HNC Level), SCQF 6 Qualifications (Equivalent To Working At Advanced Higher/HNC Level)
- Vendor qualifications – Installing And Configuring Windows 7 Client (Exam Optional – Only One Exam Included*), Upgrading Your Skills To MCSA Windows 8 (Exam Optional – Only One Exam Included*), Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices ICND1 (Exam Optional Cost), Microsoft IT Security Fundamentals (no exam), Installing and configuring Windows server 2012 (exam optional cost), Server Virtualization With Windows Server HYPER-V and System Center (Exam Optional Cost), Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices ICND2 (Exam Optional Cost), *Apprentices can choose to take an exam in one of these courses. If they wish to do the exam for both, speak to your QA apprenticeships account manager for more information and costs
- SCQF 8 Qualifications (Equivalent To Second Year Of Degree Study), SQA SCQF 8 Diploma in ICT and Telecommunication Professional
Programme duration: 16 – 24 month Higher IT apprenticeship (with opportunity to step off after Part 1* if you find that the training/role isn’t for you) – * If you choose to step off, you would still gain SCQF 6 qualifications equivalent to working at advanced higher/HNC level.
Benefits: (additional information)
- Working days/hours – Monday to Friday – 9am till 5pm
- The salary starts at £10,000 with increments at 6 monthly intervals in recognition of the learning and development that will have been completed by these points
- The successful candidate can develop other technical skills within the same learning stream around; Cyber security, network design/installation/management, Cloud service migration planning and becoming a technical lead within the team to develop other staff
How to Apply
93 total views, 1 today