Apprenticeship IT Software Developer Apprentice
IT Software Developer Apprentice
Salary: £269.25 per week
Closing Date: 2017-05-07
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00009874
This is an incredible opportunity to build a career with a global Technology firm with excellent career progression opportunities. Apply now for a chance to gain invaluable experience and fast forward into your dream job!
CGI work with both national and local governments on projects as diverse as law enforcement to outsourcing payroll and application services. CGI is a global company employing over 5,000 people in the UK.
Be part of QA’s 10k in tech and add yourself to the UK’s tech explosion!
In this job you will be doing…
- Learn how software is designed, developed, tested and deployed within a modern and innovative environment
- Be a member of a fast-paced, agile software engineering team striving to meet client goals
- Develop and test new features on software projects
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Software Developer Apprentices in Glasgow working for a company who are at the forefront of technical innovation. You will have the opportunity to build a career within a major IT Consultancy, offering a competitive salary and contributable pension, Level 4 Diploma in IT along with other internal and external training and development opportunities deemed relevant to the role. The successful candidate will also get 25 days annual leave per year + 8 statutory holidays, Sports and Social Club and other flexible benefits.
Are you a bit of a problem-solver? Eager to take your technology knowledge to the next level?
Our training programme is designed to provide you with real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform you into a highly-skilled IT Apprentice (all debt free!)Our apprenticeships blends on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning which will teach you a range of new skills including:
- Fundamental Programming and IT System
What qualifications will you gain?
- SCQF 6 Qualifications (Equivalent To Working At Advanced Higher/HNC Level), SQA SCQF 6 Diploma In ICT and Telecommunication Professional
- Vendor qualifications – C# TRACK, MTA Software Development Fundamentals (Exam Optional Cost), JAVA TRACK, Oracle Certified Associate (OCA), Java SE 7 Programmer (Exam Optional Cost), OPEN SOURCE TRACK, Open Source Web Development (No Exam), PHP Fundamentals and SQL (NO EXAM), Advanced PHP, WordPress and Magento (No Exam)
- SCQF 8 Qualifications (Equivalent To Second Year Of Degree Study), SQA SCQF 8 Diploma In ICT And Telecommunication Professional
Programme duration: 16 – 24 month Higher IT apprenticeship (with opportunity to step off after Part 1* if you find that the training/role isn’t for you)- * If you choose to step off, you would still gain SCQF 6 qualifications equivalent to working at advanced higher/HNC level.
Who should apply…
The ideal candidate will
- Be passionate about software engineering and technology in general
- Have Highers in STEM subjects (Sciences, Maths, Computing, IT/IS)
- Have strong problem solving skill
- Have good written and oral communication skill
The candidate must have at least 5 standards (Level 1 – 3) OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications must include Maths and English.
Other important information:
Daily working hours:
Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm
What happens when I finish my apprenticeship…
After successfully completing their first Level 3 apprenticeship the candidate will progress onto their L4 programme.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
QA’s apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe’s main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
How to Apply
376 total views, 3 today