Apprenticeship IT Software Developer Apprentice
IT Software Developer Apprentice
Salary: £271.13 per week
Closing Date: 2017-05-20
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00010005
Do you have a passion for IT and technology? CGI are looking for individuals who want to develop a career within the IT Industry. Apply now!
You will be working for…
CGI, a company which is among the leading independent information technology and business process services firms in the world. This is an incredible opportunity to build a career with a global Technology firm.
CGI EUT work with Energy, Utilities and Telecoms companies nationally, with a diverse range of projects including outsourcing, application services, Smart Metering. CGI is a global company employing over 5,000 people in the UK.
Be part of QA’s 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK’s tech explosion!
We are looking for smart, motivated and creative individuals who want to pursue a career in software development and can demonstrate strong problem solving skills.
The opportunity we are offering involve working with more experienced developers in Agile development teams to help build Java applications for CGI clients, including:
- Developing good quality Java code with sound syntax
- Developing professional user interfaces for at least one channel (web and/or mobile)
- Effectively link code to the database using SQL and/or data layer technologies
- Test: Can test code using either V-model manual testing and using unit testing. Problem solving: Can debug own code and understand structure of programmes in order to identify and resolve issues
- Basic Design: Following best practices and standards can create simple data models and software designs to effectively communicate understanding of the programme
CGI are offering a starting salary of £14,100 + benefits, full training and development and a full time, permanent employment contract
Are you a bit of a problem-solver? Eager to take your technology knowledge to the next level?
Our training programme is designed to provide you with real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform you into a highly-skilled IT Apprentice (all debt free!)Our apprenticeships blends on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning which will teach you a range of new skills including:
- Fundamental Programming and IT System
What qualifications will you gain?
- SCQF 6 Qualifications (Equivalent to Working At Advanced Higher/HNC Level), SQA SCQF 6 Diploma In ICT and Telecommunication Professional
- Vendor qualifications – C# TRACK, MTA Software Development Fundamentals (Exam Optional Cost), JAVA TRACK, Oracle Certified Associate (OCA), Java SE 7 Programmer (Exam Optional Cost), OPEN SOURCE TRACK, Open Source Web Development (No Exam), PHP Fundamentals and SQL (NO EXAM), Advanced PHP, WordPress and Magento (No Exam)
- SCQF 8 Qualifications (Equivalent to Second Year of Degree Study), SQA SCQF 8 Diploma in ICT and Telecommunication Professional
Programme duration: 16 – 24 month Higher IT apprenticeship (with opportunity to step off after Part 1* if you find that the training/role isn’t for you)- * If you choose to step off, you would still gain SCQF 6 qualifications equivalent to working at advanced higher/HNC level.
- Passionate about software engineering and technology in general
- Highers in STEM subjects (Sciences, Maths, Computing, IT/IS)
- Strong problem solving skill
- Good written and oral communication skill
The candidate must have at least 5 standards (Level 1 – 3) OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications must include Maths and English.
Other important information:
Daily working hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm
What happens when I finish my apprenticeship…
It is possible to progress to Development Project Manager with time and experience, or to cross train into other areas or Business Sectors.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
QA’s apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe’s main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
How to Apply
362 total views, 5 today