Apprenticeship IT Software and Web Development Apprentice
IT Software and Web Development Apprentice
Salary: £192.38 per week
Closing Date: 2018-01-01
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00013369
Is your passion for IT? Do you want to earn while you learn? We looking for a self-motivated and passionate individual hoping to start their career in Web Development.
An award winning, Ofsted outstanding apprenticeship from QA – 94% go onto full-time jobs.
In this job you will be…
- Creating and amending Implements simple amendments to programs from supplied specifications using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result
- Planing, designing and conducts tests of software; assist in correction of errors and re-tests to achieve an error-free result
- Providing support to customers on a day-to-day basis, communicating incident resolution
- Analysing business problems using structured methods, highlighting issues such as insufficient or ambiguous information, and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Managing and developing of our ICT infrastructure
- Resolving software issues
- Assisting clients to make best use of software packages and support the IT Supervisor
- Providing network/hardware cover in the absence of the IT Supervisor
Your training will…
Start with a 12-14 month IT apprenticeship, which consists of training in small groups and work based assessment, covering: Object-oriented programming (OOP), SQL data modelling, Web and systems development, Event-driven programming.
You will gain City & Guilds Level 3 qualifications in IT Systems & Principles and IT Professional Competence, as well as a Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) in software development fundamentals. This fantastic opportunity can potentially lead to you earning £40k in the IT sector.
Who should apply…
- Someone with excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Someone with ability to work on own initiative
- Someone with ability to keep up to date with technological advances
- Someone with good organisational skills
- Someone with good presentation and report writing skills
- Someone with basic software programming, C#, SQL, PHP, .Net (Desirable)
- Someone with ideally 7 GCSE Grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English
What happens when I finish my apprenticeship…
Successful apprentices will have the opportunity of a firm position within the company.
QA’s apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe’s main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuringfairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
43 total views, 4 today