Apprenticeship IT Network and Cabling Apprentice
IT Network and Cabling Apprentice
Salary: £192.38 – £230.62 per week
Closing Date: 2017-10-29
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00012361
Hutchinson Networks Ltd specialises in the provision of IT infrastructure and networking services worldwide. We are renowned for providing multi-vendor, multi-technology services at an exceptional level to our customer base. This includes the provision of core services, based around network design, implementation, support, troubleshooting and training in the areas including cloud services, routing & switching, data centre, unified communications, network security, 24/7 monitoring etc.
Hutchinson Networks build own public cloud platform called Fabrix and currently offers a range of cloud services incl. IaaS, backup, disaster recovery, and hosted voice.
The role is responsible for providing remote network/desktop support in an exciting and dynamic role.
Being customer focused is a priority in this position. Hutchinson Networks prides itself on being the most customer-focused IT provider in the market, so an ability to provide excellent customer support is essential for any successful applicant.
• Receiving and Recording incoming calls/tickets to the Service Desk.
• Resolution and diagnosis of network and system faults at a 1st line support level.
• Managing tickets by priority and keeping within a customer’s service level agreement.
• To be a committed and pro-active member of the service team supporting customers 24 hours/365 days a year.
• Providing first class technical support covering both the network and customer equipment.
• Monitoring, operating and maintaining the systems and databases within the Network Operations Centre, ensuring updates received are understood and actioned.
• Liaising with Internal 2nd line and External 3rd line engineers on a regular basis.
• Ensuring complete handovers are completed with other shift workers.
• Ensuring high level, professional support to all customers.
• Create, and regularly update, any documentation relevant to the systems being monitored in conjunction with 2nd & 3rd Line Technical Teams.
• Maintain excellent working relationship with the Customer Support Teams, ensuring timely updates to any reported issues as required.
• Must be customer focused.
• A baseline knowledge of various technologies, including Cisco and Microsoft.
• Must also be available to work weekends and unsociable hours on a rotating 24/5 shift pattern.
• Ability to quickly gain and retain knowledge of products & services.
• Ability to fault find and explain over the telephone how particular products work.
• Effective communicator with an eye for detail.
• Excellent customer service skills and an ability to interact with customers both on the telephone and via email.
• Methodical, flexible, adaptable and process-driven.
A driver would be beneficial
Someone with 5 standards grades (Level 1 – 3) OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications including Maths and English would be ideal
Other Important Information
Daily working hours: Mon – Sunday , a rotating 24/5 shift pattern
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
341 total views, 1 today