Apprenticeship IT Helpdesk Support Apprenticeship
IT Helpdesk Support Apprenticeship
Salary: £200.00 per week
Closing Date: 2017-05-14
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00010444
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting and vibrant environment. Here, you get to earn and learn. Apply now!
You will be working for…
A privately funded, new Scottish company, started by people who have a desire to innovate. Their board team has over 30 years’ experience designing, selling and operating datacentres and cloud services to deliver IT transformation.
The company has been set-up to operate Fortis, Scotland’s largest, energy efficient datacentre, deliver high quality co-location products and innovative, agile cloud services. Our co-location products are unlike anything available in Scotland today and take a fresh approach to providing datacentre services. Our datacentre is “Cloud Enabled” to allow customers to easily mix traditional IT infrastructure with flexible, on-demand private/public cloud services as needed and monitor, manage and report on everything from a single portal.
Be part of QA’s 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK’s tech explosion!
In this role, you will…
- Provide 1st line support to clients
- Assist in answering and logging IT service requests received via phone, web-logged calls or email
- Proactively deal with case management
- Help resolve general IT issues
- Do any other duties as directed by the IT management in line with the business
Are you a bit of a problem-solver? Eager to take your technology knowledge to the next level?
Our training programme is designed to provide you with real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform you into a highly-skilled IT Apprentice (all debt free!)Our apprenticeships blends on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning which will teach you a range of new skills including:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Cloud Technologies
- Support BYOD
- Microsoft Windows 7/8.1 and Other Client Operating Systems
- Mobility Solutions such as Microsoft Intune
- Securing Devices and Networks
What qualifications will you gain?
- SCQF 6 Qualifications (Equivalent To Working At Advanced Higher/HNC Level), SCQF 6 Qualifications (Equivalent To Working At Advanced Higher/HNC Level)
- Vendor qualifications – Installing And Configuring Windows 7 Client (Exam Optional – Only One Exam Included*), Upgrading Your Skills To MCSA Windows 8 (Exam Optional – Only One Exam Included*), Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices ICND1 (Exam Optional Cost), Microsoft IT Security Fundamentals (no exam), Installing and configuring Windows server 2012 (exam optional cost), Server Virtualization With Windows Server HYPER-V and System Center (Exam Optional Cost), Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices ICND2 (Exam Optional Cost), *Apprentices can choose to take an exam in one of these courses. If they wish to do the exam for both, speak to your QA apprenticeships account manager for more information and costs
- SCQF 8 Qualifications (Equivalent To Second Year Of Degree Study), SQA SCQF 8 Diploma in ICT and Telecommunication Professional
Programme duration: 16 – 24 month Higher IT apprenticeship (with opportunity to step off after Part 1* if you find that the training/role isn’t for you) – * If you choose to step off, you would still gain SCQF 6 qualifications equivalent to working at advanced higher/HNC level.
Who should apply…
The ideal candidate will have…
- A genuine interest and passion to develop a career in IT
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good telephone manners
- The ability to work alone and work as part of a team
- A flexible approach to the role and in your contribution to the success of the business
- The ability to cope with multiple tasks in a calm and professional manner
- 5 standards (Level 1 – 3) OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications including Maths and English
Other Important Information…
Working hours: Monday – Friday, 8.30am-5.30pm
What happens when I complete my apprenticeship…
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their IT apprenticeship.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT apprenticeship career with great prospects today.
QA’s apprenticeship programs are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe’s main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
How to Apply
145 total views, 6 today