Apprenticeship IT First Line Support
IT First Line Support
Salary: £163.50 per week
Closing Date: 2018-05-06
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00014225
This family is an ICT Services group consisting of the Getronics and Connectis brands and is owned by the AURELIUS Group, a holding company headquartered in Munich, Germany. With an extensive history that extends over 125 years, the family has approximately 6,000 employees in 18 countries across Europe, Asia Pacific & Latin America, and has a complete portfolio of integrated ICT services for the large enterprise and public sector markets. This includes Workspace, Applications, Communication, Data Centre, Cloud, Consulting, Product and Managed Services.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to join a Global IT company who has the desire to support people through the business. This is fantastic opportunity to learn new skills and start a very rewarding career in IT.
As an IT 1st line support apprentice you will work as a member of the 1st line support team. You will have a wide variety of knowledge of ICT technologies, along with an extensive knowledge of the standard Microsoft platforms and applications. You will have the ability to analyse, troubleshoot and diagnose desktop related issues and be able to resolve incidents while providing a high degree of customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities range from the completion of 1st time fixes to desktop support and client account administration.
A sound understanding of infrastructure technology including servers, databases and networks are fundamental for this role.
- Providing a high degree of customer satisfaction in all work undertaken
- Maintain knowledge of developments in the field of IT and desktop support
- Gain relevant industry certification as required
- Perform remote troubleshooting and diagnosis using remote support tools
- Provide accurate diagnostics and creative solutions to customer problems whilst adhering to best practice and operational process
- Provide timely call resolution, technical support expertise for standard desktop systems
- Troubleshoot and analyse customer incidents in order to diagnose ICT issues
- Liaise internally and externally to enable customer queries to be answered and problems solved.
- create and maintain client accounts via Active Directory
Full training in all areas will be provided.
- Customer focused, ability to listen to and understand the customers’ needs
- Good written and verbal communication skills, calm and polite telephone manner
- Ability to work as part of a team and in a pressurised environment
- Excellent time management and able to work on own initiative
You must have at least 5 National 5 grades, both qualifications must include Maths and English.
- Working hours will be 7.5 hours per day
- Monday to Friday
- Between core business hours of 07:00-19:00
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
101 total views, 5 today