Apprenticeship IT Apprentice – Network and Cabling
IT Apprentice – Network and Cabling
Salary: £175.00 – £192.15 per week
Closing Date: 2018-05-14
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00014374
We specialise in the provision of IT infrastructure and networking services worldwide. We are renowned for providing multi-vendor, multi-technology services at an exceptional level to our customer base. This includes the provision of core services, based around network design, implementation, support, troubleshooting and training.
We build our own public cloud platform called Fabrix and currently offer a range of cloud services incl. IaaS, backup, disaster recovery, and hosted voice.
Being customer focused is a priority in this position. We prides ourselves on being the most customer-focused IT provider in the market, so if you have an ability to provide excellent customer support, you’ll do well.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing remote network/desktop support in an exciting and dynamic role.
- Receiving and Recording incoming calls/tickets to the Service Desk
- Resolution and diagnosis of network and system faults at a 1st line support level
- Managing tickets by priority and keeping within a customer’s service level agreement
- Providing first class technical support covering both the network and customer equipment
- Monitoring, operating and maintaining the systems and databases within the Network Operations Centre, ensuring updates received are understood and actioned
- Liaising with Internal 2nd line and External 3rd line engineers on a regular basis
- Ensuring complete handovers are completed with other shift workers
- Ensuring high level, professional support to all customers
- Create, and regularly update, any documentation relevant to the systems being monitored in conjunction with 2nd & 3rd Line Technical Teams
- Maintain excellent working relationship with the Customer Support Teams, ensuring timely updates to any reported issues as required
Desired skills and qualities
- Must be customer focused
- A baseline knowledge of various technologies, including Cisco and Microsoft
- Must also be available to work weekends and unsociable hours on a rotating 24/5 shift pattern
- Ability to quickly gain and retain knowledge of products & services
- Ability to fault find and explain over the telephone how particular products work
- Effective communicator with an eye for detail
- Excellent customer service skills and an ability to interact with customers both on the telephone and via email
- Methodical, flexible, adaptable and process-driven
- To be a committed and pro-active member of the service team supporting customers 24 hours/365 days a year
5 National 5’s at grade C and above
9.00am-5.00pm, (shift work)
Working for a well-established Networking company where you will develop different skills and experience working in a fast growing successful company.
“QA’s Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
65 total views, 10 today