Apprenticeship IT Apprentice – Customer Support Engineer
IT Apprentice – Customer Support Engineer
Salary: £192.38 per week
Closing Date: 2018-10-03
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00015692
A leading provider of technology for learning to schools, colleges and universities across the UK. Headquartered just outside Oxford they deliver everything educational establishments need to deliver technology-enabled learning. They don’t just sell their own products, they provide and help manage all the leading technology brands and have close relationships with all the major hardware, software and freeware providers. In addition, through their Education Resources companies, TTS and Spacekraft, they deliver high quality resources for Early Years, Primary and SEN settings. And if that wasn’t enough, they also work with assessment bodies throughout the UK and internationally providing exam marking solutions.
- Provide telephone technical support to South Lanarkshire Council Establishments, providing advice and problem solving expertise on technical problems and queries.
- Problem resolution will be mainly through the use of remote tools such as NetOp or Centrastage.
- Providing support to site visits may also be required.
- Ensure systems are updated on a real time basis including detailed and accurate call notes.
- Customer devices are primarily connected to our CC4 networks although there are some standalones.
- Ensure calls are progressed and closed in line with contracted service level agreements.
- Escalate any issues on call progression or customer issues. (Some equipment handling may be required)
- Provide support for site visits to schools to resolve problems which we are unable to address remotely. (Equipment will require to be handled)
- Participate in project work such as installations and software rollouts.
- Process Improvement – identify and deliver improvements in tools/processes to maximise efficiency and customer satisfaction
**All applicants must reside in a South Lanarkshire Postcode**
- Someone with a good problem solving ability
- Someone with good communication skills
- Someone who is disciplined and self-motivated
- Someone who is able to work alone as well as part of a team
You must have at least 5 National 5 grades, qualifications must include Maths and English.
- Monday – Thursday 8:30am – 5pm
- Friday 8:30am – 4:15pm
- £500 Bonus on completion of Apprenticeship
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
66 total views, 2 today