Apprenticeship IT Apprentice
Salary: £230.62 per week
Closing Date: 2018-10-10
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00015916
Our client is the Scotch whisky and premium gin business of Pernod Ricard, the world’s co-leader in wines and spirits. It is the global leader in luxury Scotch whisky with 85% market share of Scotch whisky aged 21 years old and over.
This is an opportunity for an individual who is interested in learning about IT system support and implementation. The role will be varied and will involve interaction with many areas of the business, it will suit an individual who is a strong communicator, organised, has an analytical mind set and who enjoys problem solving. This entry level role is designed to give a strong technical grounding.
- Answer 2nd line support calls, providing advice and fixes to Business users.
- Testing and QA of new developments, SQL and system changes.
- Become proficient in the use of query tools, excel, Smartsheet and Office 365.
- Provide administrative support to the IT Solutions team by ensuring the change request system and project documentation is up to date.
- Communicate IT successes to the business via e-mail, presentations or short animations.
- A strong communicator with good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise a varied and changing workload
- 5 National 5’s at A-C level including English and Math’s. Higher English and Maths desirable but not essential.
- Excellent customer skills and telephone manner
- You will be friendly and approachable
- You will have the ability to cope with multiple problems in a calm and professional manner
- Willingness to learn and work towards professional industry certifications
- An analytical mind set and who enjoys problem solving.
- Looking to gain experience and a long term career in the IT industry
You must have at least 5 National 5 grades, qualifications must include Maths and English.
- Monday – Thursday 8am – 5pm, Friday 8am – 12pm
- A competitive benefits package offered to all employees. You will be working towards building a career in IT with a global and reputable company.
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
163 total views, 2 today