Apprenticeship Information Technology Assistant Apprentice
Information Technology Assistant Apprentice
Salary: £296.62 per week
Closing Date: 2017-08-20
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00012300
To maintain our reputation as one of the world’s leading universities, we recruit the best people to a variety of support, professional and academic roles each year. We offer an exciting, positive, creative, challenging and rewarding place to work. We give you support, nurture your talent, develop and reward success and integrate professional and personal career goals, as well as give your career the benefit of a great and distinguished reputation. In addition, our employees benefit from a competitive reward package and a wide range of staff benefits, which include generous holiday entitlement, a defined benefits pension scheme, staff discounts and much more.
is a partnership between the University of Edinburgh and NHS Lothian, providing research imaging and clinical diagnostic scanning including Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Positron Emission Tomography/Computed Tomography (PET/CT).
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Edinburgh Imaging Information Technology Team based over three sites at Little France and the Western General Hospital. There will be a lead line manager throughout the placement.
A typical day would start at 9am. The daily tasks would include:
- Providing 1st line IT support.
- Dealing with user database enquiries.
- Dealing with basic troubleshooting PC Hardware and software issues.
- Logging and updating requests for data access.
- Providing assistance with Edinburgh Imaging IT and image analysis projects.
Helping with data anonymisation.
The successful applicant will gain experience of:
- Working with a broad range of clinical academic and support staff across the Edinburgh Imaging sites, increasing communication confidence and interpersonal skills electronically, by telephone and face to face interaction.
- Working accurately and methodically with due attention to detail.
- Gaining confidence working within a team environment, and develop problem solving and customer service skills.
- Industry related training / qualifications.
- We are looking for an individual who is proactive, friendly, flexible and understands the importance of team work.
- National 5 or above in English and Maths required.
- A working understanding of IT packages or similar e.g. Excel, Microsoft packages.
- An interest in Information Technology including security procedures.
- Excellent ability to think logically and pass on information in a clear concise manner, written and verbally.
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills.
- A professional and sensitive approach to dealing with confidential documents.
- A willingness to participate in a Modern Apprentice programme.
- Previous office experience.
Someone with 5 standards (Level 1 – 3) OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications including Maths and English would be ideal
Other Important Information
Daily working hours: 9am – 5.30pm, Mon – Fri , 14 month fix term contract
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
174 total views, 3 today