Apprenticeship HR Assistant Apprentice
HR Assistant Apprentice
Salary: £192.38 per week
Closing Date: 2018-08-07
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00013549
Due to the success and growth of one our clients, a technology business in Edinburgh, they are now looking to recruit an HR Assistant who will spend 3-5 days per week working in their office in Edinburgh.
Whilst you will be employed by us, you will spend your days with our client, and the day to day HR point of contact, supporting their 70 employees.
Candidates for this role should be approachable, personable and have a good sense of humor, and be highly organised and have the confidence to work with people at all levels of the organisation.
This is a newly created role, and you will have the support of the wider team at The HR Booth, who will be on-site with you regularly.
- Work with Business Unit Heads to advertise vacancies, handle application process and arrange interviews.
- Develop relationships with local colleges and universities, promoting the range of opportunities available, particularly within Network Engineering, to create a talent pipeline for the future.
- Issue job offers and contracts of employment for new hires
- Carry out inductions for all new employees and ensure an effective on-boarding process exists.
- Support line managers in interview process where required.
- To support the HR function in all areas whilst maintaining effective communication with the department
- Accurately complete all HR administration in a timely manner and within legal requirements
- Ensure all personnel records are kept up to date at all times both electronic and hard copies
- Calculate annual holiday entitlement and issue forms to employees within set timescale on changes to T&C’s whilst adhering to current legislation
- Liaise with the payroll department, providing accurate and complete information prior to cut off date.
- Maintain and update online HR software system, producing reports for management when required.
- Oversee H&S administration; ensuring relevant training is in date to comply with legislation.
- Support other departments with administration when required, and help
- Good communicator.
- Ability to adapt and work under pressure.
- Conscientious and displays a positive can-do attitude.
- Understanding or interest in technology would be an advantage.
- This role is for 3-5 days per week, however consideration will be given to candidates who can work 5 days per week and can travel to The HR Booth’s office in Dunfermline on the other 2 days.
- Driving license preferred to enable you to travel to local colleges/universities when required.
You must have at least 5 National 5 grades, both qualifications must include Maths and English.
- Mon – Fri
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
703 total views, 2 today